CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And then Brick claims that it's going to rain or whatever. He's worse than me. I can't figure him out, except that he's trying to live up to his namesake.

I don't know. We're lucky to have a met like Fishel. He's gotten more conservative as he's learned that the big snow progs days in advance usually don't verify. He gave a balanced forecast tonight at 5 and 6. The other ones on there won't say anything with any real meat on it. It's like they wait for him to talk turkey.

I don't know. We're lucky to have a met like Fishel. He's gotten more conservative as he's learned that the big snow progs days in advance usually don't verify. He gave a balanced forecast tonight at 5 and 6. The other ones on there won't say anything with any real meat on it. It's like they wait for him to talk turkey.

He's right to go conservative. And we've had some big busts in the 2000s and early 2010s. He's found that the safe rule is that if there's a reasonable chance something could go wrong, it probably well. If we're concerned about WAA keeping temps up, then it probably will. If we're concerned about moisture transport and there's modelling or regular meteorology to back it up, it probably will happen. There's a reason our climo is 5-6" and not 20". If these storms performed the way the models advertised, we'd get a lot more snow and ice each year.

He's right to go conservative. And we've had some big busts in the 2000s and early 2010s. He's found that the safe rule is that if there's a reasonable chance something could go wrong, it probably well. If we're concerned about WAA keeping temps up, then it probably will. If we're concerned about moisture transport and there's modelling or regular meteorology to back it up, it probably will happen. There's a reason our climo is 5-6" and not 20". If these storms performed the way the models advertised, we'd get a lot more snow and ice each year.

Plus, the fountain at the WRAL gardens is all iced over. Nowhere to put the lawn chair if he made a bet this time...

That's exactly right. But some do not like to acknowledge that or hear about it.

:clap:

I have no idea what that second picture is, Mack. I think you're shooting images with a 0.05 megapixel camera, or something.

It was an old iPhone camera , through a window with a screen and rushed, lol! It's not everyday you see a bird with a 3ft+ wingspan , eating under a bird feeder , where you normally see little sparrows and stuff!

Archived