• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

I feel like CLT is going to get 6+ or next to nothing (perhaps nothing). I'm normally not one to weenie, but am getting very nervous. Seems like the potential negatives are outweighing the positives. HELP.

:weenie:  :bag:

Nothing to worry about. I don't know how this whole "it's going to rain" thing got going so strong. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I'm just inside Robert's swath of 8"+.  Still going thru the list of things that can go wrong though.  I'll say I end up closer to 4".  I'd like to believe, but I'm not sure if I have ever had a storm that truly exceeded my expectations.  Keeping my expectations in check on this one lol.  And for God's sake, no more fricking sleet. :mapsnow:

because its politics I'll place in banter.

State of emergency for GA

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2015/02/24/state-offices-across-north-georgia-to-shutter-at-noon-ahead-of-icy-weather/

That is the most asinine thing I've seen all day. I'm ignoring Gov'na Deal tomorrow and proceeding to my place of business as usual. Except I will leave a bit early so I can leave before the RAIN starts in the evening.

Greg Fishel. It's all his fault!

I don't understand why Brick hates Fishel. There are a lot of crappy TV mets out there, so for us to have one who is not only a weather weenie, but also knows his stuff and knows the weather of the area very well (for having been here for 30+ years), we're pretty lucky here in the Triangle.

I work on a 24 hour rule... Well, I am in side the time period that I allow myself to go all in...

However, I am thinking I might make this a 12 hour rule.. All in come the morning.

But yes, I am in the dead middle on the 8+ zone (about 50 Mins N of you in NC). So hard to not jump in full bore just yet,,

Looks like I'm just inside Robert's swath of 8"+.  Still going thru the list of things that can go wrong though.  I'll say I end up closer to 4".  I'd like to believe, but I'm not sure if I have ever had a storm that truly exceeded my expectations.  Keeping my expectations in check on this one lol.  And for God's sake, no more fricking sleet. :mapsnow:

I'm wondering how much temperatures are going to rise tonight, not that it really matters much here around CAE. Why forecasters are projecting a drop by a few degrees tonight boggles the mind. Clouds aren't going anywhere and humidity levels are 95%+. I don't think anybody is going to see any sun tomorrow either, so I can't imagine a slight shift to a 3 mph ESE wind is going to drive temps up to the 40s for everyone either.

We shall see.

If you and Shawn want to join me in a CAE snow dance, now would probably be the time.  :tomato:

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

I don't understand why Brick hates Fishel. There are a lot of crappy TV mets out there, so for us to have one who is not only a weather weenie, but also knows his stuff and knows the weather of the area very well (for having been here for 30+ years), we're pretty lucky here in the Triangle.

You know EXACTLY why Brick doesn't like him. It's because he doesn't trot out the 168 DGEX 40" snow map and sound the alarm for an historic snowstorm a week before we inevitably get a few clouds, some sprinkles and a light breeze.

It isn't often we have ground temperatures this low before an event, especially this time of year.

greencast.today.na.500.png

legend_500x25.gif

I imagine they'll be lower from today's snow, but then warm up some with tomorrows temps. I can't believe it's going to get into the mid-40s after a day of snow and mid-20s. Late February, man.

You know EXACTLY why Brick doesn't like him. It's because he doesn't trot out the 168 DGEX 40" snow map and sound the alarm for an historic snowstorm a week before we inevitably get a few clouds, some sprinkles and a light breeze.

And then Brick claims that it's going to rain or whatever. He's worse than me. I can't figure him out, except that he's trying to live up to his namesake.

Robert brings up gulf convection limiting moisture transport....always something. LOL

It really depends. The storms don't always limit moisture transport. It's only if they race out ahead of the upper-level flow. Otherwise, they can actually enhance it, or so I've heard (read). Suffice it to say, there aren't any storms yet, so it's not a guarantee either way.

Archived