joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were temps forecast to be in the 50s in the upstate today? Last night they said we would be in the low 40s in CAE by this afternoon, we are in the mid and high 40s and not going anywhere. I'm beginning to wonder where this cold air is supposed to come from.

From the North, delayed but not denied!

Looks like NC/VA gets theirs at our expense. Congrats NC/VA!

Yep. never fails.

NW trend always always always should be expected.

i honestly wasn't expecting much more with this one. today's runs were all very consistent with each other in the low track. I'm still not sold just on the 0z nam because it's surface low track was fine..the waa/convection seems over done but we'll see shortly with the rest of the guidance.

Just a couple more shifts and we've got our Roanoke jackpot. :)

after all the nc folks wished this storm away from the poor ga and sc folks, that would be pretty funny. ;)

Some of the N GA and SC folks need to step away from the open bar. That wasn't the worst run for us. Pretty much drags the backside swath of moisture (Were the highest snow fall rates and usually where deform bands occur) directly across these areas. Breathe folks, breathe.

I feel like a fish with no water lol

Can we all just accept the GFS is out to lunch here? It seems several refuse to accept that...it's an obvious outlier. I'm not saying the 00z Nam is going to verify, but come on...when will we accept how much our beloved global model sucks? With each run of the GFS being more suppressed than other solutions (except for maybe the latest, and it's still south), I cringe reading people getting depressed over it, when every other piece of guidance says otherwise. Wake up everyone, the GFS blows.

Can we all just accept the GFS is out to lunch here? It seems several refuse to accept that...it's an obvious outlier. I'm not saying the 00z Nam is going to verify, but come on...when will we accept how much our beloved global model sucks? With each run of the GFS being more suppressed than other solutions (except for maybe the latest, and it's still south), I cringe reading people getting depressed over it, when every other piece of guidance says otherwise. Wake up everyone, the GFS blows.

It was good to see the GGEM jump in line.  I think every model now has 4"+ for MBY except for the crazy GFS...  Someone's wrong and it's one against all...

So, do Winter Storm Watches go out with tonight's packages or am I still too early?

And what if its right? This sounds familiar to the NYC bust event where the GFS was the outlier at first and every other model started to give in.

Yay HPC has me in the bullesye for rain. Ill be waiting for my 3.3 inches of rain.

And what if its right? This sounds familiar to the NYC bust event where the GFS was the outlier at first and every other model started to give in.

Yay HPC has me in the bullesye for rain. Ill be waiting for my 3.3 inches of rain.

If it's right then may God have mercy on this forum.

It's not right, though. The upgrade wasn't ready and our computing just blows. This just shows truly how terrible the GFS is. It will likely just keep on ticking NW as if no one is watching.

Archived