joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And more uptight than ever it seems.  They let some of the most inexplicable stuff fly over there, yet I get access restricted because of the misinterpretation of one of their mods..but anyway..

I think this threat on Wednesday has some legs.  Model agreement, esp with the NAM & Doc have been really solid with some gaudy lookin' clown maps.

Sounds like here with "Banhammer" The Tyrant & Cruella Deville!  It cant get anymore anal retentive than here! 

Sounds like here with "Banhammer" The Tyrant & Cruella Deville!  It cant get anymore anal retentive than here! 

I do think they play favorites over there.  I wasn't one of 'em.  I haven't been around here long enough to notice, but I certainly never intend to kick a hornet's nest.

Love the forum handle btw...

This forum is hilarious sometimes. Non stop complaining about how sucky this winter is. We get a perfect track and now people are talking about loosing an inch to rain. lol. 

i really dont get it...gfs has consistently ticked nw over the last 8 or so model runs.  the thing is going to gradually come around.  this is the normal 48-72hrs pre-storm depression that seems to come with every storm.  just wait for the 15hr HRRR cliff jumps come weds night.

At 60 hours out for last weeks event we stood at this...virtually no snow was being modeled for the MA and then the NW trend commenced.  The UK and Euro was a tick to NW once inside 36 hours and the GFS was fairly on at 36 hours out.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/45579-fab-february-banter/page-71#entry3385210

2/14 run of the 12z GFS...south of what verified at 66 hours

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2015021412/gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_12.png

2/15 run of the 12z GFS...at 42 hours out it was fairly close to what verified

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2015021512/gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_7.png

Shreveport LA getting some real winter weather today: 

• Today Freezing rain and sleet. High near 32. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible. Total daytime sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
  • Tonight Freezing rain and sleet likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 27. North wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
  • Tuesday A chance of freezing rain and sleet before noon, then a slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no sleet accumulation expected.

Haha too hungover. It was good. I didn't see many celebrities. Got close to an Oscar in real life as the folks from Citizen Four came to the party. Lots of pretty people in pretty outfits, good food and free drinks. 

Were you at the red carpet ceremony? We were sure we saw someone that looked just like you waving to the camera in the photographers area.

Here I am in all of my glory. To put in perspective about the Oscars and how hard it is to get into. The Grammy's I've heard pretty much give away tickets to anyone who will go. A regular person can get into the Grammy's fairly easy...same for the AMAs. Oscars have police everywhere...and if you aint got a badge it's a no go. Even for the party I was at almost no one could get in as you HAD to be on the list. I've been to tons of events and this was most secure one I've been to. Here I am in all my tux glory. 

9quoObd.jpg

Archived