joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean 9 out of 10 times these things up NW within the final couple of days. How far is the question. But it's the reason I didn't think we'd end up dry.

CR, I'm actually hoping the 0z euro takes it back south some from the 12z.  Would actually make me feel better about our chances come gametime because we know it has not stopped it's final NW trend.

CR, I'm actually hoping the 0z euro takes it back south some from the 12z. Would actually make me feel better about our chances come gametime because we know it has not stopped it's final NW trend.

The good thing is, I don't think we'll get a 200 mile shift this time. I think the precip shield will definitely end up farther north, though.

SREF FTW! I'm liking these colder/wetter trends; let's see how long it lasts. :)

Now, I find it interesting how many of us are hoping we'll miss midterms or exams because of winter weather this week.

I have a midterm on Friday, and looking at the models, I like my chances. Still going to study though, as I don't want to be caught off guard if the storm trends warmer or fizzles. 

Last weeks storm was different setup, obviously, as we were relying on the 50-50 to keep heights low in the east and all winter at day 4-5 the 50/50's have been over modeled and end up lifting out a little quicker. This setup is the h5 low is digging to south Tx and is positively tilted still, as long as that doesn't change the I-20 corridor has a chance and we are sweating it out. This happens at hour 48-54 tonight's runs, so we will know early. Euro is usually to amped at this range. The miss for us, if it misses, will be south.

They're nice guys (for the most part) and they do great pbp. I mean honestly where would this site be without burger and others?

Yeah,but that has nothing to do with getting snow. :D They want it to trend north which will give you rain. I want it to trend south so nobody gets anything and I get 33 and rain.

I was told to post this here. 

Someone talk to me here. What am I missing? Local METS here in N Alabama are calling for only a dusting, but that is a lot of moisture moving in to our area tonight, no?

I think you are confusing the time frames. The first winter weather chances are for late monday night into tuesday and then again at the end of the week.

Archived