Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see the MA vault over winter climo today. They look rather ridiculous now with the no reason to live thread and the Jeb I hope everyone in Boston dies post. They are such tools, threat after threat just trends there way, they are on a historic streak of great winters.

While i really really hope we can get something here before our window of opportunity closes, i am soooo damn happy for my hometown.

They did awesome today. Latest official number for IAD is 8.8 inches. Puts them at 24.1 for the season now i believe. I think the highest totals are out of Highland county though. Lots of elevations over 4000 feet there, with reports of up to 18 inches. :snowing:

While i really really hope we can get something here before our window of opportunity closes, i am soooo damn happy for my hometown.

They did awesome today. Latest official number for IAD is 8.8 inches. Puts them at 24.1 for the season now i believe. I think the highest totals are out of Highland county though. Lots of elevations over 4000 feet there, with reports of up to 18 inches. :snowing:

It's an amazing storm. If IAD/JYO/BWI doesn't get another inch of snow the next 4 winters they will still finish that 10 year stretch just over climo. Think about that...they are on such an amazing streak and don't event realize it.

It's an amazing storm. If IAD/JYO/BWI doesn't get another inch of snow the next 4 winters they will still finish that 10 year stretch just over climo. Think about that...they are on such an amazing streak and don't event realize it.

Its totally true!!..HAHA... Man, growing up there we had sooo many good winters and big snows. This Winter had so much promise early, but except for the last couple weeks, it looked grim up there.

I think Leesburg's got close to a foot by now and some IP and fzr to follow maybe. They'll be up in the 40s tomorrow, but should retain the pack.

I wish we could get a nice little storm here, but i know in the long run i will have to move back up there. I miss the climate too much.

Watching ball hogs on DT262. Knucklehead lost half his finger to a snapping turtle. Me and some buddies slid in a golf course back in the 80s and went diving for golf balls. Come up with about 3 grocery sacks full after hitting 2 ponds on the hickory meadows golf course I n batleboro nc one night. No scuba gear, just walk around you step on and reach down to get, chunk up on bank. Round em all up at the end.

it's just not anyones winter south of Virginia/Kentucky. Nothing trends in our favor.

well what is crazy is to have all the cold we've had and really nothing to show for it.  the cold has been here a few times this winter to give a great snowstorm just seems to warm up when the moisture arrives and that dreaded warm nose.  north of us doesn't have to worry about that much.   

Archived