joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL...is it that obvious.  I don't have the winter stamina anymore for anything more than an inch of snow/sleet.  Yes, I would much prefer if temps were in the 70's next week, soccer was cancelled tomorrow due to the cold and the soccer field still being covered in ice/snow.   :axe:

Unfortunately things look primed next Wed-Friday for an event and that is really going to be a disruption.  Maybe we will get lucky and it will be suppressed south of us and ATL to CAE to PGV get a 10" snow storm, that would be funny.  

It will be surprising if we go next week, someone in the SE, without seeing a solid winter event.  Are we really going to go all winter without a gulf low coming up the coast and raking everyone from GA/SC/NC/VA/MA/NE....Models sniff it out on Sunday's runs.

We'll have two storms...

First:

accum.19870123.gif

Second:

accum.20001204.gif

PGV/WNC jackpot.  RDU: T.

;):)

LOL...is it that obvious.  I don't have the winter stamina anymore for anything more than an inch of snow/sleet.  Yes, I would much prefer if temps were in the 70's next week, soccer was cancelled tomorrow due to the cold and the soccer field still being covered in ice/snow.   :axe:

Unfortunately things look primed next Wed-Friday for an event and that is really going to be a disruption.  Maybe we will get lucky and it will be suppressed south of us and ATL to CAE to PGV get a 10" snow storm, that would be funny.  

It will be surprising if we go next week, someone in the SE, without seeing a solid winter event.  Are we really going to go all winter without a gulf low coming up the coast and raking everyone from GA/SC/NC/VA/MA/NE....Models sniff it out on Sunday's runs.

I'm right there with you Pack. Ready to get the growing season started. 

Thanks DT. Now I get to drive thru a freaking ice storm and the 10" bullseye you had over Bluefield Va is now over all of WV and most of OH too! What an idiot, doesnt he know I have to travel through there?? Since he obviously controls the weather, maybe I'll just ask him to slide that 10" bullseye over to DC. Cant wait for his final, final lick my finger and stick it in the air while throwing darts blindfolded call map.

Back in January 2000, we had a period like this. Not comparing that to this, specifically, but just sayin'....

Yes, I remember we had two minor events not long before the Carolina Crusher. 

I wonder if there is so much flying around next week that the models will have a hard time showing exactly what will happen and when.

Yes, I remember we had two minor events not long before the Carolina Crusher.

I wonder if there is so much flying around next week that the models will have a hard time showing exactly what will happen and when.

I think the models are struggling with which energy to key in on and also the energy may not be well sampled yet.

Catching up on my banter...

That would be the ultimate kick in the you know what if we get a big winter storm next Thursday/Friday, so yes I will be rooting against a miss from Thursday on... :devilsmiley:   And yes I will still be in central NC so not worried about missing it, more important things than snow.

I knew you really wanted the snow:  you will be rooting against a miss.  Think about that for a minute, Pack...  :devilsmiley:

Archived