Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This weekend = meh

Next week kinda gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, might be our last game on before spring pisses in our cheerios

We may relax in early Marvelous March, but look for winter to return with a vengeance in late March and early [Awesome] April.  Primary analogs are 1915, 1981, 1983, and 2003. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

(Yeah, I'm just making stuff up.)

We may relax in early Marvelous March, but look for winter to return with a vengeance in late March and early [Awesome] April.  Primary analogs are 1915, 1981, 1983, and 2003. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

(Yeah, I'm just making stuff up.)

I had this dream (I know dreaming about weather) that we got a hail storm in the CAD areas. Some crazy line of thunderstorms with baseball sized hail while we were below freezing.

Anyone for an evening on Mt Mitchell?

Current conditions at MITC as of Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 @ 8:36 PM EST (5 mins ago)
Temperature:     -5.8 °F (-21 °C)
Dew point:     calculated at -9.8 °F (-23.2 °C)       Relative humidity: 83%
Wind:     Northwest (298°) at 40 mph with gusts of 51 mph
Pressure:     790.8 mb (23.35 inHg) station pressure

I had this dream (I know dreaming about weather) that we got a hail storm in the CAD areas. Some crazy line of thunderstorms with baseball sized hail while we were below freezing.

saw that happen in indiana in late march once - was very strange with hail and thunder at 29.

I've dreamt about the weather before. Several times actually. Usually it;s seeing the local forecast with ridiculously low temps.. like -80/-70 for the day lol. Also had many realistic tornado dreams, but that's probably due to my experiences with them nasty things. 

Uh..anyway. Banter. Going in late tomorrow so i'm drinkinf 94 proof rum. Yeah baby yeahh

I've had a few weather related dreams before. A couple were tornadoes and my favorite was it being in the 70's and snowing outside lol.

I have them a lot. The one that pissed me off was when I woke up right before the big South GA snowstorm. A lot of my other involve the local on the 8s and seeing snow and negative lows in the forecast. Also some are flashbacks to Chicago snowstorms.

I have them a lot. The one that pissed me off was when I woke up right before the big South GA snowstorm. A lot of my other involve the local on the 8s and seeing snow and negative lows in the forecast. Also some are flashbacks to Chicago snowstorms.

No dreams about wind or Brick? Thought those are two of your favorite things!?

This stinks, our high for tomorrow is going to be the midnight temp most likely 21, the current temp. I hate that they don't report it as the nightime lows and the daytime highs. I wanted to break the record with a high in the teens

I wish they'd include hourly or subhourly observations as well, sort of like doing the Riemann sum instead of using the highest and lowest and averaging. However, I imagine there are plenty of midnight lows as well that make it wash out, and we don't tend to care about those.

I don't know if I can handle a clown map better than that one.

I dont have wxbell, what does it say for CLT? 

In all seriousness, models look great for that system. no great northern outliers and greanted the typical 50-75mi N shift, North Carolina looks in excellent position. . 

Archived