• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

I didn't know anyone even watched or paid attention to WSPA. Apologies to my Spartanburg friends....but I just find their news/weather/sports to be very cheesy. And upgrade from WLOS however.

Yeah, this. I'll turn on Channel 4, and I find Chris Justus and Cessarich to be decent (they nailed the last storm pretty well), but otherwise I'm all NWS, all the time. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited to see a couple decent shots at snow this week for the Atlanta area. I know FFC has been (understandably) a bit trigger happy with advisories/warnings since last winter, but it looks like at the very least the metro area should see more than a trace of snow from these events. Up here we have maybe 15 posters in the winter threads and we've been 1-2"ing our way to the seasonal average, I've missed the excitement of tracking a storm with y'all for sure.

What's your seasonal avg. in that area? It seems all the bigger amounts certainly have been near Boston up that way but I thought there were a couple decent events there as well?

Yeah, this. I'll turn on Channel 4, and I find Chris Justus and Cessarich to be decent (they nailed the last storm pretty well), but otherwise I'm all NWS, all the time. 

I wish we had like buttons on these posts! I feel like I have to reply to tell you I agree with you! LOL

Not a dislike button though,,,,just LIKE!! :snowing:

Not to distract from the "gomers posting in PBP threads" discussion, but FFC included this in their afternoon update.  You always know it's going to be fun when they use the "o" word. :)

.LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY/...
BIG CONCERN FOR LATE WEDNESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR SNOW POTENTIAL
ACROSS MAINLY N GA. 12Z MODEL GUIDANCE TOOK A SMALL BUT DECIDEDLY
SIMILAR SHIFT NORTH WITH QPF WED/WED NIGHT. 12Z ECMWF AND 15Z SREF
QUITE OMINOUS WITH QPF
. GFS STARTING TO APPEAR AS A SOUTHERN
OUTLIER. IF QPF WERE CONVERTED TO SNOW...COULD SEE 2 TO 4 INCHES
OVER MUCH OF NORTH HALF OF CWA. A WINTER STORM WATCH MAY BE
NEEDED AND IF SO WOULD BE ISSUED ON TUESDAY PARTLY TO MINIMIZE
CONFUSION WITH EVENT TONIGHT.

Not to distract from the "gomers posting in PBP threads" discussion, but FFC included this in their afternoon update.  You always know it's going to be fun when they use the "o" word. :)

.LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY/...

BIG CONCERN FOR LATE WEDNESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR SNOW POTENTIAL

ACROSS MAINLY N GA. 12Z MODEL GUIDANCE TOOK A SMALL BUT DECIDEDLY

SIMILAR SHIFT NORTH WITH QPF WED/WED NIGHT. 12Z ECMWF AND 15Z SREF

QUITE OMINOUS WITH QPF. GFS STARTING TO APPEAR AS A SOUTHERN

OUTLIER. IF QPF WERE CONVERTED TO SNOW...COULD SEE 2 TO 4 INCHES

OVER MUCH OF NORTH HALF OF CWA. A WINTER STORM WATCH MAY BE

NEEDED AND IF SO WOULD BE ISSUED ON TUESDAY PARTLY TO MINIMIZE

CONFUSION WITH EVENT TONIGHT.

FFC says ominous, I say exciting!  :snowwindow:

I'm not quite sure why central South Carolina is under a Winter Weather Advisory for a trace of snow, first time I have ever lived anywhere that does that.

In Atlanta it was a WWA for 1-3", and a Winter Storm for 2-4"+

We're pansies. I suspect there's an abundance of caution with anything that could resemble ice after last year. But really... lots of rain this week, eh?

Archived