• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

Yeah, I like the track of the low on the euro and ukie.  This is a great track for the 85 corridor in the upstate.  We could potentially cut it close temp wise, but I think we will be ok.  I would be more worried if I was further south in areas such as Greenwood or Newberry, but temps usually verify a little cooler than modeled.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish we'd have all gotten the memo that our winter was going to be compressed into a 2-3 week period. Euro just keeps on giving the love, BTW... my end of month/first of march storm is wanting to make a come back.

Let me score the two systems this week, and I won't complain again....

Until it's been two weeks since I had rain and been 95+ degrees! Lol

Credit to poster on other board, but see that hole in the totals around GSP !?

That's basically over my house and if you look up torwards Asheville , you see that map giving me the middle finger! Just my luck! This is 0z Euro

:huh: I don't see a hole over Simpsonville. The chances of one run of one model verifying with regards to qpf amounts is slim to none anyways.

:huh: I don't see a hole over Simpsonville. The chances of one run of one model verifying with regards to qpf amounts is slim to none anyways.

I'm mostly just messin, but all I've heard all day after all model runs is: temps are close, borderline, 33-36 range, so on, so forth! I get that the low track is textbook and great and all that, but if anybody knows how to score a cold rain, we can, for sure!

I'm mostly just messin, but all I've heard all day after all model runs is: temps are close, borderline, 33-36 range, so on, so forth! I get that the low track is textbook and great and all that, but if anybody knows how to score a cold rain, we can, for sure!

Borderline for I-20 corridor. I-85 corridor looks in good shape right now. :)

Borderline for I-20 corridor. I-85 corridor looks in good shape right now. :)

I guess just trying to temper enthusiasm, after getting shafted from snow on the last storm at about this timeframe! I guess it's better that it's either rain or snow, so we don't have to worry about ice, so we can still score at 34, 35,36 , unlike ice set ups.

I guess just trying to temper enthusiasm, after getting shafted from snow on the last storm at about this timeframe! I guess it's better that it's either rain or snow, so we don't have to worry about ice, so we can still score at 34, 35,36 , unlike ice set ups.

For GSP, verbatim, you guys are 33-34 during precip on the Euro.  Pastebomb. :)

Great post Calculus1, I feel the same way, No offense to anyone but I'm hoping for a NW trend of a 100-150 miles. I hope everybody can cash in somehow.

Thanks, Frosty.

I honestly think many are just joking around, or at least from what I've seen in the banter thread.

Maybe, but Shawn seems to take it quite personally...

Good post!

Yes, I want a track further N/W and I want this thing to amp up.  Yes, that will screw many on this forum over.  It is what it is.  I want everyone to get snow, but I want snow IMBY first and foremost (as we all do).

The good thing is that what we root for has zero bearing on what actually happens, so don't let it bother you.

Yep.  That's my exact point.

I am sooo all in with this storm.  However, I am trying to be realistic about things.  Many storms similar to this in the past have burned us in the Triangle.  I have a huge fear that when the precip starts as rain it will stay rain for way longer than it was supposed to .  Temps are so borderline, its hard to hang your hopes on the fact that the models are underestimating the cold.  Essentially, I'm terrified of a cold rain here.

What other place?

Starts with a T and ends with alkweather

Brick Tamland's house?

Haven't seen Brick weigh in on that thread.  Love that guy though-cracks me up.  I think I've seen him over here, too.

They put me in the dog house over there for a ridiculously silly reason and there's no end to my timeout in sight so for now (& perhaps indefinitely), I'm coming over here.  I've managed to read "that board" from another browser, but I can't log in.

Maybe they'll miss me at some point.

Huh, last time I went to TW it barely loaded. I thought it had been abandoned, but I guess not.

And more uptight than ever it seems.  They let some of the most inexplicable stuff fly over there, yet I get access restricted because of the misinterpretation of one of their mods..but anyway..

I think this threat on Wednesday has some legs.  Model agreement, esp with the NAM & Doc have been really solid with some gaudy lookin' clown maps.

Boy, that NAVGEM. Yes, it's the NAVGEM, but still...  :yikes:

I'm really concerned with these northern trends in the SLP. Next thing you know, by tomorrow's 12z runs, the low pressure will track right over Albany or Vienna, giving us on the US 78 corridor a cold rain. Blegh.

I'll take the Euro/SREF/NAM (lol) and cash out.  :snowing:

Archived