• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

Same met I was talking about at 6 , Chris Justis, who mentioned nada, all week, just said in the teaser that there will be 2 chances for snow this week! Lol! I told y'all he would change his tune by 11

Edit: Chris just dropping knowledge! He just showed the NAM totals through Thurs, and we had a solid 4" and he was quick to say it wasn't a forecast, but just one model and what it was showing. Mad props to him!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty silly to get upset at others for wanting it to snow in their own backyards rather than somewhere else.  We all want snow in our own backyards more than we want it to snow anywhere else.  Thus, it is totally natural for those in WNC to hope the late-week system trends NW.  It is also totally natural for those in GA and the midlands of SC to hope the system stays to the south.  This doesn't mean that either group somehow hates the other group of people and want the weather to screw them over.  It just means that snow looks better in your own backyard than it does in your neighbor's.  Therefore, let's calm down with the us versus them mentalities that occasionally show up even in the discussion thread.  After all, it's not like your wishing or my wishing has any influence on the end result anyway.  So, why get so bent out of shape?

It's pretty silly to get upset at others for wanting it to snow in their own backyards rather than somewhere else.  We all want snow in our own backyards more than we want it to snow anywhere else.  Thus, it is totally natural for those in WNC to hope the late-week system trends NW.  It is also totally natural for those in GA and the midlands of SC to hope the system stays to the south.  This doesn't mean that either group somehow hates the other group of people and want the weather to screw them over.  It just means that snow looks better in your own backyard than it does in your neighbor's.  Therefore, let's calm down with the us versus them mentalities that occasionally show up even in the discussion thread.  After all, it's not like your wishing or my wishing has any influence on the end result anyway.  So, why get so bent out of shape?

Great post Calculus1, I feel the same way, No offense to anyone but I'm hoping for a NW trend of a 100-150 miles. I hope everybody can cash in somehow.

I honestly think many are just joking around, or at least from what I've seen in the banter thread.

Good post!

Yes, I want a track further N/W and I want this thing to amp up.  Yes, that will screw many on this forum over.  It is what it is.  I want everyone to get snow, but I want snow IMBY first and foremost (as we all do).

The good thing is that what we root for has zero bearing on what actually happens, so don't let it bother you.

I'll take the ukie and euro combo, although I'll wait to see if the euro holds course tonight.  How do the temps look on the ukie?  That sure is an amped up solution.

Prob playing with fire on an amped up solution, but that's what you get when you are going for a big dog.  Scared it might be a north of 85 event if it's amped up like that.

Well I better cash out Tuesday , Thursday is looking like rain, oh well, I'm gonna move to Michigan ! Good thing Bricks asleep , or he would have to change his footsie pjs

What in the world are you talking about? The Euro trended colder for Thursday. It would be all snow and over six inches for the upstate.

Archived