• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

H2O

Anyone been to Rose's Luxury in DC? We are going to try to have dinner there tomorrow night.

Yup, before it got all the national press though. Lined up at 5:15 and got a table right away. Even on a rainy Tuesday nowadays, most people report like a two hour wait at 6 pm.

Food was fantastic. Potato bread in the beginning was great. Two of us ordered 3 small plates and an entree-- way too much food. All in all, it was our best meal last year. Another good part of the experience was how happy people who worked there looked.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, before it got all the national press though. Lined up at 5:15 and got a table right away. Even on a rainy Tuesday nowadays, most people report like a two hour wait at 6 pm.

Food was fantastic. Potato bread in the beginning was great. Two of us ordered 3 small plates and an entree-- way too much food. All in all, it was our best meal last year. Another good part of the experience was how happy people who worked there looked.

Awesome, glad to hear you enjoyed it. Wish it was warmer so the rooftop could be open. We are excited to try it. We went to Brookland Pint tonight; food was good but our waitress was meh. We'd definitely go back though.

I put a bunch of photos I took today up on Twitter. Too many to post here. I wanted to show everyone the ice coverage before the inevitable thaw :)

@BigfootWeather

I am thinking of heading over to Terrapin Beach Park today to get some shots of the ice with the bay bridge in the background. Pretty epic ice coverage for this late in winter.

I am thinking of heading over to Terrapin Beach Park today to get some shots of the ice with the bay bridge in the background. Pretty epic ice coverage for this late in winter.

I'm hoping to head down in that direction too but I have to wait on BGE first to replace the gas meter.  They're scheduled from 12 - 4 but hopefully they'll get here on the early side of that.

It may seem like winter but several schools/clubs in the area hoped to begin their spring seasons this week

baseball scrimmages cancelled (guess we'll pick the team based on the indoor workouts)

rugby scrimmages down the drain

teams from NY told not to bother coming to MD to play soccer … Olympic Developmental teams begin this weekend

rowers wondering whether the ice will melt …ergs get boring after a while 

running laps around the gym gets tiring for runners, especially when they are sharing the gym with three or four other sports

For all you dudes who are craft beer fans, and also may be critics of weed, narcotics, etc...Here's a passage from one of my books on psychoactive plants.

Hops - Because of the estrogenic properties of hops, chronic beer consumption can result in a feminization of the male body.  This can be expressed in morphological changes, e.g., the development of what are known as "beer breasts".

So fellas, drinking a lot of beer doesn't make you fat, it makes you more of a woman.  I've never grown a tit from 420.

For all you dudes who are craft beer fans, and also may be critics of weed, narcotics, etc...Here's a passage from one of my books on psychoactive plants.

Hops - Because of the estrogenic properties of hops, chronic beer consumption can result in a feminization of the male body.  This can be expressed in morphological changes, e.g., the development of what are known as "beer breasts".

So fellas, drinking a lot of beer doesn't make you fat, it makes you more of a woman.  I've never grown a tit from 420.

Lmao. Well, it is true that consumption of a lot of beer isnt gonna do much for the male figure. I drink "good" beers because I enjoy them, and I only drink 2 or 3 at most at a time. Mostly stouts and porters. But I work out and eat right, and when I get my bloodwork done, my testosterone is upper end of normal, estrogen is very low. So I'm good on the man boob thing ;)

My 4 year old is walking across the yard on top of the snow barely leaving foot prints. I hope we get a good glaze tomorrow. I haven't seen a glacier glaze like this since I lived in NW Indiana.

The wonder of walking on top of snow without falling in is one of the great childhood experiences. The younger the better!

Hops - Because of the estrogenic properties of hops, chronic beer consumption can result in a feminization of the male body. This can be expressed in morphological changes, e.g., the development of what are known as "beer breasts".

So fellas, drinking a lot of beer doesn't make you fat, it makes you more of a woman. I've never grown a tit from 420.

article-1023844-0177B50200000578-717_468

lol though i'm sure overdoing on the munchies isn't good either.  i used to smoke when i was in high school/college, but after a while it got old.  that said, it's pretty annoying that aside from colorado (and washington state, etc.) you can buy liquor but you can't buy weed.  i like options.

Archived