12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The 1/29 -1/30 something may fall from the sky thread

attml

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That radar is quite impressive. Its holding together well over the mountains. I may see an inch out of this yet.

Winter Weather Advisory

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
1148 AM EST THU JAN 29 2015

MDZ003-502-VAZ028-031-WVZ050>053-504-300000-
/O.EXT.KLWX.WW.Y.0009.150129T1700Z-150130T0000Z/
WASHINGTON-CENTRAL AND EASTERN ALLEGANY-FREDERICK VA-CLARKE-
HAMPSHIRE-MORGAN-BERKELEY-JEFFERSON-EASTERN MINERAL-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HAGERSTOWN...CUMBERLAND...WINCHESTER...
MARTINSBURG...CHARLES TOWN...KEYSER...FORT ASHBY
1148 AM EST THU JAN 29 2015

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS
EVENING...

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION LESS THAN ONE
INCH. ICE ACCUMULATION A TRACE TO A FEW HUNDREDTHS OF AN INCH.

WWA up for the rest of the area.

Winter Weather Advisory

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC109 PM EST THU JAN 29 2015NORTHERN BALTIMORE-SOUTHERN BALTIMORE-CENTRAL AND SOUTHEASTERN MONTGOMERY-CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST HOWARD-NORTHWEST HARFORD-SOUTHEAST HARFORD-PRINCE WILLIAM/MANASSAS/MANASSAS PARK-FAIRFAX-NORTHERN FAUQUIER-EASTERN LOUDOUN-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PARKTON...REISTERSTOWN...COCKEYSVILLE...BALTIMORE...DUNDALK...CATONSVILLE...ROCKVILLE...COLUMBIA...ELLICOTT CITY...JARRETTSVILLE...ABERDEEN...MANASSAS...MANASSAS PARK...FAIRFAX...WARRENTON...LEESBURG...ASHBURN109 PM EST THU JAN 29 2015...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EST THISEVENING...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HASISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING RAIN...SLEET ANDSNOW WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EST THIS EVENING.* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION LESS THAN ONE INCH.  ICE ACCUMULATION FROM A TRACE TO A FEW HUNDREDTHS OF AN INCH.* TIMING...THIS AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING. THE BEST CHANCE FOR  FREEZING RAIN WILL BE BETWEEN 3 PM AND 8 PM THIS AFTERNOON AND  EVENING.* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER 30S.* WINDS...SOUTH 5 TO 10 MPH WITH GUSTS AROUND 15 MPH.* IMPACTS...UNTREATED ROADS AND SIDEWALKS MAY BECOME ICY. THERE IS  THE POTENTIAL FOR HAZARDOUS TRAVEL DURING THE EVENING RUSH.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...ORFREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FORSLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILEDRIVING.

Considering Westminster is 30/10 with precip likely within the hour, hope you brought skates.

Edit: Then again, Martinsburg jumped 2 degrees when it started raining so who knows.

I had really been ignoring this - but am involved in whether to cancel soccer Club-wide for this evening. Sounds like that is the way to lean?

Considering Westminster is 30/10 with precip likely within the hour, hope you brought skates.

Edit: Then again, Martinsburg jumped 2 degrees when it started raining so who knows.

Roadway temps are up a little (http://www.chart.state.md.us/travinfo/weatherstationdata.asp) and there is 1 million pounds of salt per roadway mile so that may help.  These super-low DP's won't help elevated surfaces though.

I'm not so worried about road conditions as I am just people freaking the heck out cause stuff is falling from the sky

Das is right about the road salt, but the majority of it is on the shoulders at this point.

May the idiot drivers screw up behind you, and not ahead of you. :hug:

Edt-  Jinxed myself. Car fire on the Outer Loop at my exit.

Archived