amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 29/30 Clipper

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantasy league purposes only: 18z NAM vs. 12z shows impact of slightly less digging

Haven't had time to look carefully at the relationship, but wondering how much this weekend is a redux of last weekend in that first clipper storm impacts chances of better phasing on Monday's system

it means alot i think!! nam is bad for all of SNE great for Maine

Fantasy league purposes only: 18z NAM vs. 12z shows impact of slightly less digging

Haven't had time to look carefully at the relationship, but wondering how much this weekend is a redux of last weekend in that first clipper storm impacts chances of better phasing on Monday's system

That was my first thought when this showed up. Is the EURO showing this coming in faster as well? Also, with snow packs are temps modeled differently? I often hear how the snow pack helps (obviously) to keep the cold but is it picked up on in any of the runs?

People who now discard the Euro because of the last storm will fail a lot

Was going to make a similar comment.

I'd temper exuberance about the Canadians. Fact is last weekend Euro did lead the pack on key synoptic features including the capture and closer to coast scenario. RGEM ultimately had a better handle of that northeastern piece of vorticity and ensuing dual-low / northeastern-dominating SLP, subtle but critical error by the Euro (and surprisingly its ensembles, go back and see runs 12/25) and it embarrassed itself over NYC, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Euro / RGEM was the go-to combo last season, and RGEM scored a coup on Monday, but let's not suddenly dismiss Euro like we do any of the American models.

Was going to make a similar comment.

I'd temper exuberance about the Canadians. Fact is last weekend Euro did lead the pack on key synoptic features including the capture and closer to coast scenario. RGEM ultimately had a better handle of that northeastern piece of vorticity and ensuing dual-low / northeastern-dominating SLP, subtle but critical error by the Euro (and surprisingly its ensembles, go back and see runs 12/25) and it embarrassed itself over NYC, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I have had several laughs today reading posts and tweets.Reminds me off all the pink hat fans who after the third game of the season said Brady was washed up. People who understand,understand, others well....

Archived