12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 29/30 Clipper

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The H5 trough has definitely trended south on this the past 24-30 hours. There could be some surprise goodies for eastern and especially northeast MA into SE NH for SNE. Maine will be the best spot overall, but for SNE, this could have some suprises...I'm pretty impressed with how deep the H5 low gets as is goes south of RI/SE MA.

I know Mets don't like these question's bc they fear "weenies" can latch on....but Will ...what is the Potential of this thing. Maximum for Eastern Areas of SNE,  be it PVD Ne or 128 NE

The H5 trough has definitely trended south on this the past 24-30 hours. There could be some surprise goodies for eastern and especially northeast MA into SE NH for SNE. Maine will be the best spot overall, but for SNE, this could have some suprises...I'm pretty impressed with how deep the H5 low gets as is goes south of RI/SE MA.

Expect it to even trend into low warn criteria. 

This is a new season.

I know Mets don't like these question's bc they fear "weenies" can latch on....but Will ...what is the Potential of this thing. Maximum for Eastern Areas of SNE,  be it PVD Ne or 128 NE

There is definitely potential for E MA and esp NE MA for this to trend into a warning criteria snow (like 6-8")...but I wouldn't forecast that yet.

Rest of SNE is probably advisory for potential...low prob from like ORH-SFZ eastward it could also trend into low end warning, but again, you certainly wouldn't go around honking yet. It's just a little too late developing.

There is definitely potential for E MA and esp NE MA for this to trend into a warning criteria snow (like 6-8")...but I wouldn't forecast that yet.

Rest of SNE is probably advisory for potential...low prob from like ORH-SFZ eastward it could also trend into low end warning, but again, you certainly wouldn't go around honking yet. It's just a little too late developing.

Thanks.

The thing that got me asking was the fact they said it will cut off. I wondered if there was a way for it to cut off further S or SSW and wether that has any wiggle room . I mostly ask that because the LP seemed to have shifted 50 miles south in last day

Haha yeah, it's pretty funny. Like three months of waaaaayyy in the lead and it gets erased in one freak storm.

January was looking like it was going to come in well below normal before this one, And climo wise, It suppose to be the best month, So that was erased with this one and will add to it Fri-Sat, It helps when two storms gives you 41.00" towards the seasonal total................ :)

January was looking like it was going to come in well below normal before this one, And climo wise, It suppose to be the best month, So that was erased with this one and will add to it Fri-Sat, It helps when two storms gives you 41.00" towards the seasonal total................ :)

Yeah pretty incredible.

I like the clipper potential. Lots of orographic potential on the backside. Good storm not to be a QPF Queen up here....these can be our bread and butter with good convergence of SW flow pumping moisture up, then backside deepening slamming that moisture into terrain on NW flow with good snow growth.

Yeah pretty incredible.

I like the clipper potential. Lots of orographic potential on the backside. Good storm not to be a QPF Queen up here....these can be our bread and butter with good convergence of SW flow pumping moisture up, then backside deepening slamming that moisture into terrain on NW flow with good snow growth.

12z GGEM is spitting out over 1.00-1.25+"+ for the clipper here in Maine, Everyone else looks to be between 0.25-0.50"

Prior to this 12z NAM run ... it was modeling a "quasi" norlun trough rotating S from coastal Maine... but just baaaarely off shore.  

Meanwhile, MDD from NCEP says they sans the 12z run because it appears to be an outlier in swinging the trough axis too far E;  I must admit, this NAM run does appear to be 'stretching' the flow too much between the trough and the western N/A anchored ridge. This, btw, was also the correction applied to the global scaled models prior to the recent blizzard, and it appeared to be the correct course of action... to put it nicely..

Archived