• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 29/30 Clipper

HoarfrostHubb

I was just frustrated. When the pattern bores you to tears, what is funner, tearing apart your Kocin books, or a good, hearty meltdown. They feed the soul and children love 'em.

It still amazes me how much this went like 2012-2013...meltdowns in the second half of January followed by a HECS for parts of New England like within a week of serious melts.

But you know it'll happen every time with low snow through January 20th...no matter how good the pattern looks posters will melt if nothing has happened by the end of the third week of Jan.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guidance is really trying to develop this thing enough to swing a nice band of precip down into E MA from SE NH and ME Friday night after the initial stuff tonight and early tomorrow which is fairly weak.

I think the advisories at the moment are in a good spot.

I don't see how the entire area doesn't see at least 2-4 if the Rgem/Euro are right

If Euro is right, the entire region minus maybe SW CT sees 2-4 minimum...but once you get to ORH it's more like 4-7" and up by Ray it's 6-9". It's the most bullish right now...not totally buying it yet, but other guidance has trended toward it.

Yeah. I'll start buying low end warning for east of 495 if rgem is showing that all day today for its next 3 runs.

Yeah obviously I wouldn't throw those amounts out, but just noting how it had a nice 700mb back bent front pivoting down. This is one of those systems where watching what happens at 700 and 500 may be pretty dam important. .

Still looking like, a 2 part system? Weak in the morning then a better slug in the evening?

Definitely for eastern areas that is a possibility. Not sure how far west round 2 will come though. It might get about to ORH county. Kind of a tedious setup since so much depends on how quickly the mid levels develop.

Definitely for eastern areas that is a possibility. Not sure how far west round 2 will come though. It might get about to ORH county. Kind of a tedious setup since so much depends on how quickly the mid levels develop.

Who are you kidding, you know it will ge tback to ORH....it would have to defy the laws of physics, not to.

It has a warm tongue at 950-850 knife west and than southwest and south. Probably won't bother you, but could be one of those things where the beaches up there get into the U30s for a little while.

Yeah, Its the initial stuff before the secondary takes over looks to be just SE of here

Archived