Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Storm Disco for Manitoba Mauler 01/26/27

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This.  I never ever watch TWC anymore, except when there's a historical weather event about to unfold or is unfolding.

The fact that from NYC to BOS is forecast to get 24-36", and The WEATHER Channel is playing old episodes of random shows is just ridiculous.  Shows how far they've fallen.

That's what happens when you get taken over by NBC.  They have a different agenda- ratings.  But the foolish execs don't realize that their ratings would be a lot higher with live current info right now.

I have been out of the loop with modeling but I'm definitely keeping an eye on a couple of different things. One is obviously mid level dry slots working their way through the area throughout the duration of the storm. It could affect many east of ORH. Low level lift with the CF could help overcome that in portions of eastern mass. There will be no massive screw zones by any means and a widespread burial but there will certainly be jackpots. I think one in interior SE MA and the south shore anywhere from BOS to the Canal depending on track and nuances. Also the secondary jack where the deformation sets up which could be Kev to ORH to portions of S NH. I'm not sure NYC will see as much snow as some expect right now and I think some of the totals for that area may be overdone. I like Kevin, ORH more for the good banding on the NW flank. Very curious to see how the banding and the stuff in eastern mass works out. I think no one should really be worked up about subsidence or anything of that nature. We are all getting 1-3 feet of snow in the end except for few on the cape and islands. The other impacts are tremendously more impressive in terms of coastal flooding and winds. This is truly a historic situation unfolding before our eyes and no one should be overly concerned about missing out.

12z / 18z RGEM with sharp subsidence zone depicted over North Shore / Boston, ~12" flanked by 20-30" in southeast MA and central MA... 

all of this subtle bouncing around won't be sorted out before 0z tonight imo, and might even be a nowcast similar to Feb 2013 given difficulty in handling multiple intense pieces of vorticity

I don't buy such a widespread swatch of 24"+. No doubt those places places that get into the best banding are going to get hit hard...but huge bust potential, especially back toward NYC. Kinda surprised Upton went ballz to the wall back that way. Seems like they're setting themselves up for some backlash should NYC only get 12. For CT I'm thinking 16-24", with 24-30" east of the river. Certainly some 30"+ amounts a very real possibility, but I don't think it's wise to try to nail those down until things really get underway.

Archived