Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Friday 01/09 Light snow event w/ Observations

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night on Ryan's station, Brad had less than an inch for all areas south of Hartford, that was at 11:20pm. None of this was forecasted by any of the major stations outlets.

All the TV stations are going to bust with this one. OKX will bust also, they basically called it snow showers in their PM AFD yesterday.

Glad I went fairly bullish last night(Basically 1-2" for all of CT with C-2" far SW corner and 1-3" in the hills), still will likely bust low in some spots but overall the heavier idea will work out.

Going to be close for BOS.

Great call Airglow..I remember your post last evening about the hard hitting heavy snow, and I thought to myself what were you seeing, but you nailed it!! Great call!!

Last night on Ryan's station, Brad had less than an inch for all areas south of Hartford, that was at 11:20pm. None of this was forecasted by any of the major stations outlets.

NWS forecast here is <1"...although in fairness, their snowfall map shows 1-2".

Had a solid 20-25 minutes of virga which surprised me...but steady snow finally falling. Went from flurries to moderate in the span of about a minute.

Great call Airglow..I remember your post last evening about the hard hitting heavy snow, and I thought to myself what were you seeing, but you nailed it!! Great call!!

Thanks, appreciate it. 

Feels like snow outside in BOS, but right now nothing but 26 degrees, cloudy skies and blustery winds. Really hoping that band can hold on for another 40-50 miles or so.

The heavy stuff doesn't last long. Nobody is getting 4.

I have reports of 3-4" already in NWCT and it's still snowing up there, I think we'll definitely see some 4" totals up there, perhaps down in central CT also where they're under 2" per hour stuff and there's quite a bit of that band to go.

I have reports of 3-4" already in NWCT and it's still snowing up there, I think we'll definitely see some 4" totals up there, perhaps down in central CT also where they're under 2" per hour stuff and there's quite a bit of that band to go.

They were the hot spot. I mean east of ct river.

Archived