• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 01/09 Light snow event w/ Observations

Damage In Tolland

It's 1-3 for the entire region except the Cape. It's not just a Orh west thing with no snow anywhere else

My forecast is a bit more specific. Going broadbrush 1-3 is probably ok but there's def a mini sweet spot on short range guidance over N ORH county to monads and Berkshires.

But in the end the difference between 2.4 and 1.6 is pretty trivial.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My forecast is a bit more specific. Going broadbrush 1-3 is probably ok but there's def a mini sweet spot on short range guidance over N ORH county to monads and Berkshires.

But in the end the difference between 2.4 and 1.6 is pretty trivial.

But you tend to just give specific forecasts for Mass since you live there.

But you tend to just give specific forecasts for Mass since you live there.

Usually Ryan chimes in for CT.

I'd forecast 1-2 for CT with best shot of 2"+ in litchfield hills. Maybe a 3 spot there. Tapering down to a coating on the south coast of CT.

I'd say a general 1-2" for most of the region(NNE included), with C-1" SE of a BOS to PVD line(I was going to put that line 10-15 miles NW of those two cities but decided to drag it a little SE based on nice runs from the 18z NAM and 4km NAM along with a great look on radar IMO), and up to 3" in NECT hills to ORH hills and then over to the Berks. SWCT(Fairfield county basically) is the wild card as they could either be ~2" if the guidance that has a little secondary max down by NYC(RGEM, 4km NAM, ParaGFS) is right or it'll be C-1" as they are too far SW for the main band. Will go C-2" for now. Might also go 1-3" instead of 1-2" in NWCT hills but want to wait on rest of the 18z guidance first.

Tried to stress in my discussion last night though that this is a quick hitting band of mod/heavy snow and is going to be much higher impact than the last light event was considering it's coming out during the commute hours. Don't think it's a terrible idea to throw some WWA's up for the interior where amounts are more in that 2" range and timing is right in the peak of the commute, sure it probably won't verify the 4" criteria but I think you can make a case for it based on impact and intensity.

I am going for 2-4" here on the west slope of Berkshires tomorrow, with the best chance for 4" in the Taconics and up at 2K in the Berkshires. It will likely be a high ratio fluff, so it won't take much moisture to yield some accumulation. Amounts will taper in the Hudson and CT River Valleys with a coating to 2".

I think we will see a fair amount of 3 inch snowfalls. Fluffy snow, good omega and snow growth

Snow growth region is quite thick on the soundings which is good. However, there is some dry air in the low levels on the soundings which I don't exactly like seeing. But I would admittedly rather see the dry air there than in the mid-levels.

But it's a yellow flag for getting too bullish.

Impressive obs and reports coming out of midwest and Lakes with our snow for tomorrow. Same kind of deal DC had on Monday as it came thru ohio Valley. I'm pretty excited most do pretty wekll

It has a bit more punch there, but ORD has a good ob of S+.  Normally this get  a little juiced as they move east thanks to the ocean, but it seems like we lose the forcing a bit. We'll see. I guess maybe since the mid levels are driving this, it's more immune to the lower levels.

lol at the detailed breakdown of this meager system by SR airglow above, almost in Tip fashion. Man, it has actually come down to this?

I will take my 1" and be happy.

In this winter, you've got to take what you can get. Plus, that took me about 90 seconds to type out, not exactly a major exertion of effort.

Archived