• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 01/09 Light snow event w/ Observations

Damage In Tolland

Euro is still looks good for around an inch for most of SNE. Maybe a even a little boost for the coast as it moves east offshore.

Not a big ceiling on this one but some good WAA should be enough to squeeze out a minor event. Obviously still 3 days out so minor changes can happen.

IYO why is the GFS off its rocker on this event?

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IYO why is the GFS off its rocker on this event?

Why is it off its rocker? It's different than the euro but it could be right. We are talking a pretty small difference. A coating of snow versus maybe an inch. I'd lean euro but there's nothing concrete to say the GFS is wrong here.

just wondering where you got that from. 

that was an excellent blog entry you wrote yesterday, very informative and very reasonable. Not often we break an inversion like that, should be fun. That inversion break the other night was pretty wild then the backside wind yesterday. good stuff

Did he post that here?

no not here.

i think it'll be a lot harder for the interior (though maybe the high terrain stands a slight chance) because places away from the SW marine influence will stay awfully cold. 

down here...once the arctic air lets go thursday night...it's off to the races, relatively speaking.

so we get these ridiculous LL lapse rates through friday afternoon.

no not here.

i think it'll be a lot harder for the interior (though maybe the high terrain stands a slight chance) because places away from the SW marine influence will stay awfully cold. 

down here...once the arctic air lets go thursday night...it's off to the races, relatively speaking.

so we get these ridiculous LL lapse rates through friday afternoon.

pretty special setup it appears

pretty special setup it appears

well...it's all relative lol

i mean...i'm not expecting my roof to get blown off. but has the chance to blow pretty hard for a few hours. will really depend on how well the ll cold is scoured out. climo says it's pretty quick this time of year but if guidance is too emphatic on the warmth at the surface, it'll be a no go for anything over 50 mph.

NAM is spitting out 1-3" for all of SNE  (.13" at BOS, .19" at ORH, and .20" at BDL), and most of NNE, too bad it's the LR NAM though.

Glad to see it coming onboard though, it was the compromise between GFS/Para and all other models, so seeing it go very bullish makes one think the GFS might get better as well. We'll see...

Almost looks like the Euro now. Still a tad paltry out east wheras the Euro actually almost enhances it out east.

The whole systme is a fast moving shot of WAA with big PVA-induced lift. A quick 2-3 hour burst of snow sounds pretty reasonable based on the setup.

Archived