12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Model discussion thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, just eye-balling the synoptic charts for freebies ... this thing has zero continuity in the Euro.  

It just "feels" creepily like one of those scenarios where the model fires buck shot all over god's creation, but whatever verifies will DEFINITELY be at the absolute bottom of Scott's list - haha.

I have different colored threads lined up depending on what I want to say to train myself. I still think this ends up being a more traditional swfe. Interesting that we had a lead in swfe in the 2009-10 winter. I believe it was 12/9. I was working up in MHT and there was 9 inches before taint there while I believe BOS had 2 inches washed away. Of course the NAO went steroidal later that winter.

Big boy cold shot again Tuesday.

Yeah I honestly am pretty much sick of this storm already and can't wait for it to be over.  

It's been a fun stay-cation around the Holidays getting into the weather and so forth, but this thing is about as beat up every which way imaginable in both the charts and mankind's interpretation as it can be ... so much so that it is ad nauseam at this point.  And it's still 5 days away!!

Good god...  

For the general reader - 

I was just looking over the GEFs individual members beyond D6 ...it seems the general theme there is THAT is when people should be preening their snow-geese down.  That period looks active. The PNA is negative, but it shows an upward tick that nears neutral before descending again.   Erstwhile the EPO looks to remain negative, although to what magnitude unknown.. But every GEFs member has slight bump E of the western ridge, which does fit a rising PNA ...even if only for a short time.  The entire conus N of the Mason Dixie is bathed in polar/arctic air, so any in situ systems/events are likely to be cold profiled.  

Can someone let us know if the Euro was colder for SNE and if so to what degree?

It was a little bit colder...maybe 1-2C at 850 during the important part of the front end precip. Verbatim it looks like advisory from pike northward..prob more like 1-3" for your hood.

The trend of the antecedent airmass is good...so if we can get the shortwave dynamics to cooperate just a shade more, it could be a much larger front end thump

late week one is more impressive than that even. same kind of thing it was doing yesterday with that clipper developing with the arctic energy and cold pocket. 

Clipper redeveloper/late bloomer for Jan 7-8 looks nice as depicted. It's been showing up for a few runs...but regardless, yeah that airmass means business.

It was a little bit colder...maybe 1-2C at 850 during the important part of the front end precip. Verbatim it looks like advisory from pike northward..prob more like 1-3" for your hood.

The trend of the antecedent airmass is good...so if we can get the shortwave dynamics to cooperate just a shade more, it could be a much larger front end thump

Thanks.. I know everyone is generally only concerned about where they live, so it's nice when you can break down other regions for us if others don't

A bit weaker with the primary on the ensembles and hence the WAA. You can see how the warmer air aloft is not curving back to the NW over nrn NY state and into Ontario, it's more E-W looking in terms of the thermal gradients.

Def colder than last night's ensemble mean. So that's a good trend for snowier.

Archived