• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Model discussion thread

ORH_wxman

The para definitely looks messy. However, that would still be at least some snow for the majority here. Even if only a few inches. Verbatim, it may also flip folks back over on the backside.

It also has that clipper/redeveloper a few days later.

This is a pretty interesting storm to track. Seems like the first storm where most on this forum could get a piece of the action

Yeah the Para has been jumping around, not confidence inspiring. The GFS has been pretty steady though ticking colder overall in the past 24 hours. The SWFE seems to have some traction but we are a long way out. A loooooong way out in model world.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the Para has been jumping around, not confidence inspiring. The GFS has been pretty steady though ticking colder overall in the past 24 hours. The SWFE seems to have some traction but we are a long way out. A loooooong way out in model world.

Yeah really anything is still on the table SWFE would make sense, and it would give all a shot at some quick frozen at least.

Hard to believe we are still almost a week out from this lol. You know its been a slow season when a storm this far out is getting a lot of attention

Seems like we have been tracking this one for an eternity, We need some MECS and a SECS or two other then these nickel and dime events

Seems like we have been tracking this one for an eternity, We need some MECS and a SECS or two other then these nickel and dime events

You can find a thread somewhere from eastern where I was bitching about tracking an inch for a week in January 2004. Of course a week later all was forgiven....lol.

You can find a thread somewhere from eastern where I was bitching about tracking an inch for a week in January 2004. Of course a week later all was forgiven....lol.

I hope most get to see the light again the next few weeks Jerry, Looks like we will get some cracks at it, Right now, I am all for unleashing the hounds

Plenty of juice on the GFS...too much in fact. Another west solution...but its colder yet again.

The high is a 1040 beast that stands its ground pretty good just N of Caribou...a prime spot for front end thumps in our area. This run flips to rain eventually...but there's definitely been a colder trend on the GFS.

Plenty of juice on the GFS...too much in fact. Another west solution...but its colder yet again.

The high is a 1040 beast that stands its ground pretty good just N of Caribou...a prime spot for front end thumps in our area. This run flips to rain eventually...but there's definitely been a colder trend on the GFS.

That's dam cold. The high sort of moves N and doesn't retreat.

Front end thump to ice for some on this run but the trend has been colder which i think continues as models start picking up on the cold high to the north

That's dam cold. The high sort of moves N and doesn't retreat.

Reminds me a lot of the 12/16/07 high.

Obviously details like that don't mean much, but this run is similar except the storm is a shade further west, so we probably flip to a bit more rain than that one (well any rain would be more than that one since my high that day was 31), but that would still prob be a pretty big thump and you know the interior prob wouldn't warm in that scenario.

Reminds me a lot of the 12/16/07 high.

Obviously details like that don't mean much, but this run is similar except the storm is a shade further west, so we probably flip to a bit more rain than that one (well any rain would be more than that one since my high that day was 31), but that would still prob be a pretty big thump and you know the interior prob wouldn't warm in that scenario.

I was just about to draw that 12/16/07 analogy

Just north of CAR is about the perfect high spot for front end thumps in New England...or completely holding off the mid-level warming all together if far enough north.

You can see how the mid level warming hits a brick wall and then moves east as it approaches the region, Something to watch going forward as the models start to pick up on it if holds or builds

This is exactly how you make up for a lost month...Dec '07 for about a month, then weak el Nino/NAO home to the promised land

If it worked out like that, we'll all be shoveling off our roofs come VDay.  

0z (OP) GFS looked very Dec. '07-esque again.  6-10" thump to quick changeover/dryslot.  Like tauntonblizz said before, the para was pretty meh.  Kept the primary dominant to the NW.  

Archived