• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ending out December with a Potential Pattern Change

CoastalWx

I don't buy it. BOS loses it if there are onshore winds but most December snowy months happen due to north or NNE. East winds tube me as much as it does BOS. If it were ocean influence how come climo temps aren't all that much different BOS vs say chestnut hill?

Yeah I have no idea, was just musing.  You guys obviously know your climate much better than someone throwing wild ssa guesses out of northern VT, lol.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok this is crazy but maybe Kevin was on to something, the 3 days before and 3 after Christmas all exceeded 1 inch in depth more times than the 24th,25th , someone can check it themselves but seems pure luck has a statistical fact . Could the Grinch theory be real?

I can't see any reason why this could be anything other than random.

Ok this is crazy but maybe Kevin was on to something, the 3 days before and 3 after Christmas all exceeded 1 inch in depth more times than the 24th,25th , someone can check it themselves but seems pure luck has a statistical fact . Could the Grinch theory be real?

I was curious after I started thinking back to Christmas holiday periods when it didn't rain at the ski resort...I remember a lot more weeks that included some rain than snowstorms.  But maybe that's just because we are more sensitive to rain events so I remember those more.  But its something that like everyone in the ski industry almost assumes will happen for whatever reason, haha.  Wouldn't surprise me if Xmas week somehow randomly has more rain events than the 3rd week of December lol.  December 2012 still stands out as a remarkable week with like two snowstorms during that vacation week.  December 2002 was great too.  But lots more I remember being "interesting" more so than whitewash.

Storm 3 ( 27th-28) looks so close on GFS, still long way to go but that could be nice for interior as the airmass gets colder and colder.

Thats not a horrible look. Verbatim it would flip everyone over to snow. I doubt we know how anything shakes out really until that beast on Christmas passes. Thats really gunma shake things up

I've told everyone I know for years that I always get Great snow from the 5th to the 20th, then Christmas sucks, and then Right after Christmas Winter Really gets going.  Christmas ALWAYS sucks here even if before Christmas was awesome like the 2007-2009 Decembers of awesomeness.  Even if there is snow, it's yucky that day.  The 2011 Christmas was the miracle.  The year with No snow outside of the disaster of a storm in October had snow falling JUST on Christmas MORNING and it was Not predicted at all!  And When I went on the NWS website as it was snowing it said nothing about snow. A Miracle.  The only good thing about 2011-2012.  

I wouldn't say that...December 2012 had 12.9" of snow and December 2013 12.7" at BDL. However, December 2012 was +3.7F after a horrific +5.9F in December 2011.

We toss if she's not giving it up when she's supposed to.....but thanks....god damn December....F U....last year Fella walked me back from the cliff....think I need that afain cuz I'm starting to get pizzed....

Models shifting eastward with the secondary low pressure center on latest guidance, 00z EURO, GGEM

I might be missing it as I only have the 24 hour increments, but it seems the EC Ens don't really show a secondary development.

As far as the OP run goes, it shows running somewhere between Danbury and Albany.  Might as well be Detroit.  Let's see what today brings.

I might be missing it as I only have the 24 hour increments, but it seems the EC Ens don't really show a secondary development.

As far as the OP run goes, it shows running somewhere between Danbury and Albany.  Might as well be Detroit.  Let's see what today brings.

It gets washed out a bit that far out into the extended on the mean, but there's a hint of it there.

There's a lot of overanalysis out there for op runs past d4-5 right now. Part of it is because it's been so snowless lately and weens are frustrated and losing patience. Some have to reel it in though, because the board was unreadable at times yesterday.

Archived