• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ending out December with a Potential Pattern Change

CoastalWx

LOL.. trying to predict outcomes on winds 7-8 days out..when we have no idea how the atmosphere will look so far out. All we need to know now is there will be some big gusts everywhere if it happens as modeled..Anything more than that impossible to tell this far out

I thought there was nothing from after the 21-22nd to New Years...

Possible sure..but as of now there's enough support to not give up on  a few inches.

If this one does miss though there's nothing till after New Years unfortunately..so you'd be looking at another 11-15 days of no snow. Heck of a way to run an epic winter

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it sucks, but this really isn't anything indicative of a pattern fail. Just a classic digging of the trough in the Plains. The timing stinks, but nothing you can do. Enjoy the holidays for what they are. Who cares about snow.

You do have to wonder though.. What is it about that timeframe that makes the atmosphere produce a cutter almost every year. And it's not bad luck as some like to say

Maybe the atmosphere knows if you've been bad or good. 

It's got something to do with the state of the atmosphere globally at that time of year. More often than not..it must be conducive to this type of storm cutting over the Lakes and just bombing.. They love to happen from late Nov thru late Dec ..and usually a grand finale around Xmas..My point is..there's a scientific reason and it's got very little to do with luck

It's got something to do with the state of the atmosphere globally at that time of year. More often than not..it must be conducive to this type of storm cutting over the Lakes and just bombing.. They love to happen from late Nov thru late Dec ..and usually a grand finale around Xmas..My point is..there's a scientific reason and it's got very little to do with luck

cutter gon cut. There"s a reason only 33% of your Christmases are white and its not luck, its climo and climo says cutters gon cut more often than coastals gonna rock, facts.

Of course in the grand scheme, (whatever that is??) life and family are much more important than the weather. But honestly millions of people who don't like snow want it to snow on Christmas, don't ask me why but you hear and read it all the time. No one really cares but everyone cares.

Well maybe I view things differently, but I'm not going to have meltdowns on an internet forum like some are. If it snows, great..if not oh well. Looking forward to seeing some of you Monday. 

cutter gon cut. There"s a reason only 33% of your Christmases are white and its not luck, its climo and climo says cutters gon cut more often than coastals gonna rock, facts.

If you want a white Christmas every year,move to Alaska..What else can you say?..December are known for cutters..it's climo,later in the year the cold is established more and systems tend to take the southern route..33 percent chance and the odds are against you.

Archived