Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Ending out December with a Potential Pattern Change

CoastalWx

Gotcha. Thanks.

I was kind of wondering about the "somehow" in your answer. Maybe NAO takes a quicker dive then expected, ridging out west slides a little more east and sharpens the trough digging through Ohio Valley -- but that might lead to a more wound-up solution? I'm not sure what variables in play could contribute to a jog of the low track more southeast.

Anyways, love reading yours as well as other members' analysis -- you in particular do a nice job articulating things that are very hard to describe.

The -NAO could force it more south, but I think that scenario is losing some traction. Even if it did, it has a marginal atmosphere so you'd be recycling garbage air again. It's one of those things where perhaps if that scenario did work out, it would flip back to snow at the end as it wobbles east.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When do you start getting excited about the Screaming Sou'easter and ditching the white Christmas fantasy.

Hey I will say.. If the chances of this not being frozen are real.. And I think it's way too early to rule that out,, then I would sign up right now for a screamer with high winds. If that happens , gonna be a lot of upset families celebrating in the dark .. With Santa stuck in chimney

Just for the record the term "SWFE" is not found in the dead scrolls of AME does not mean its a valid and appropriate description of an event. I look at it, take for instant the term "tweet" Websters Dic adds words every year. If someone of notoriety  wrote a paper and petitioned it surely would be added to the AME Glossary.  

Hey I will say.. If the chances of this not being frozen are real.. And I think it's way too early to rule that out,, then I would sign up right now for a screamer with high winds. If that happens , gonna be a lot of upset families celebrating in the dark .. With Santa stuck in chimney

There is something not quite right in saying you would "sign up" for it followed by "gonna be a lot of upset families celebrating in the dark.... etc". Really, on Christmas?

That would be storm 3 of transition, and I would not rule it out. However, that also is the best chance of a more wintry scenario of the three IMHO.

Looks like there's a lesser meat grinder then... nothing like two winters ago, but tough to really ride due north.

There is something not quite right in saying you would "sign up" for it followed by "gonna be a lot of upset families celebrating in the dark.... etc". Really, on Christmas?

While I believe a colder , south scenario is far more likely at this stage, yes I would not be unhappy with the GFS depiction. I wish no harm to anyone or anything. It's just that I live for events such as that with regards to weather

While I believe a colder , south scenario is far more likely at this stage, yes I would not be unhappy with the GFS depiction. I wish no harm to anyone or anything. It's just that I live for events such as that with regards to weather

So ruin your own kids Christmas in favor of your damage fetish. :lol:

Kevin, I'm a historian. I've taught history for years, writing a second thesis on Stalin and Khrushchev's persecutions; I would in no way want to go back and experience a year in the gulag or have at a chance for the "historic" experience of encountering the ISIL lunatics. So, I guess I can't really understand where you are coming from. Let's hope Santa makes it down the chimney and everyone gets to have the lights on for the holidays.

On topic, what to you think of the GGEM fantasy event?

Kevin, I'm a historian. I've taught history for years, writing a second thesis on Stalin and Khrushchev's persecutions; I would in no way want to go back and experience a year in the gulag or have at a chance for the "historic" experience of encountering the ISIL lunatics. So, I guess I can't really understand where you are coming from. Let's hope Santa makes it down the chimney and everyone gets to have the lights on for the holidays.

Wait, what?

I thought you were an eight year old with advanced typing skills.

Wait, what?

I thought you were an eight year old with advanced typing skills.

I taught from ages four through seven and finished my first degrees at ages two and three. You know, one of those, idiot-savants. Was always into weather, so I've taken to troubling this board with my questions. Here's one: Why is the GGEM so bad and why do they keep it going?

I taught from ages four through seven and finished my first degrees at ages two and three. You know, one of those, idiot-savants. Was always into weather, so I've taken to troubling this board with my questions. Here's one: Why is the GGEM so bad and why do they keep it going?

I've wondered the same about that model!

I look forward to attending your birthday party, and meeting Ironman.

Archived