northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December 2014 Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I never heard such a thing either.  Mustard on a sausage and pepper sandwich???  Just a straight up plain sausage and pepper sandwich is good, maybe with hot sauce or with the marinara.   But mustard???!!!!  NO!!!!! ha ha ha

I would eat it with mustard/no Ketchup. Certainly NO marinara!

Brown mustard is for polish sausage or kielbasa or hot dogs, not sausage and peppers.

Deli mustard for Kosher hot dogs, yellow mustard for regular hot dogs. Sausage and peppers and roll only no mustard. Sausage and peppers in marinara is fine with a little pasta. On a final note a corned beef sandwich should never have mayo on it, only deli mustard. My entire family Is Jewish on one side and Italian Catholic on the other, so I know these things.

The further you get away from the ocean, the better chance for bad sandwiches, pizza, and apparently, mustard on traditional Italian meals.

I've had some good pit-beef sandwiches in Baltimore before so I know they can do it. Out west or down south not so much. But this italian sausage sandwich thing definitely sounds like it's a Mason-Dixon line type of thing.

Grotto's?? Terrible! Rehobeth Beach is in love with that place. Not impressed. Now those Thrashers French Fries on the other hand are da bomb! ha ha ha

Thrashers fries are my favorite. You can't go to OC and not have some.

The best sandwich I've ever had is a hot Italian sandwich with a homemade Chianti Italian dressing called a Soprano at Cannella's in Perry Hall. The dressing is to die for.

Archived