joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2014 Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for the parents on the board.....its insurance open season.....anyone else use a dependent care FSA to pay for daycare expenses? Do you find that the reimbursement process is timely?

nope, sorry. however, i found that trying to get money back of any sort with regards to daycare expenses is a waste of time. 

Question for the parents on the board.....its insurance open season.....anyone else use a dependent care FSA to pay for daycare expenses? Do you find that the reimbursement process is timely?

I used it.  Submitted my forms every month and got the money added into my next paycheck

I used it.  Submitted my forms every month and got the money added into my next paycheck

Thinking about signing up this year. The tax benefit isn't a huge amount, but its something and it appears there is now an option available to submit receipts online to avoid filling out the form every month. Have until Monday to decide..... 

My wife is taking the kid to South America for the winter school break--a trip that I have been released from. Need to figure out something to do for a few weeks, and I am leaving towards winter weather tourism. Lots of snow, northern lights, unique scenery--all on a place that is reasonable to get to that isn't too crowded or expensive during the school holiday.

Thinking about Tromso, Norway. Y'all have any other ideas?

My wife is taking the kid to South America for the winter school break--a trip that I have been released from. Need to figure out something to do for a few weeks, and I am leaving towards winter weather tourism. Lots of snow, northern lights, unique scenery--all on a place that is reasonable to get to that isn't too crowded or expensive during the school holiday.

Thinking about Tromso, Norway. Y'all have any other ideas?

You could stay in a hotel made of snow and ice: 

http://thornews.com/2012/11/13/sorrisniva-igloo-hotel-on-the-rocks/

That's so not funny that it ends up being funny. I lol'd and then felt quilty and then lol'd again

Yeah I was conflicted but I felt it was dark enough to be effective. And actually might not be a bad guess tho SAD peaks later.

Yeah I was conflicted but I felt it was dark enough to be effective. And actually might not be a bad guess tho SAD peaks later.

Today's lr ensemble guidance had me considering walking the streets and kicking stray dogs and cats. Not nearly as dark but definitely not something sane people contemplate

Archived