Newest Member
    joxey
December 2014 Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the brewing/beer geeks...

I went ahead and bought another six pack of Bell's Two Hearted on Sunday with two things in mind: 1) drinking it and 2) experimenting with harvesting the yeast.  I started the process on Sunday, and after four days of slow growth, the yeast is now in a 2L Erlenmeyer flask on my homemade stir plate and foaming up nicely.  I'm really geeking out on this - I feel like I did when I was a kid putting Alka Seltzer in bottles of soda or lighting stuff on fire with a magnifying glass.  So cool!  I hope to use this yeast in a hoppy brown ale I'll be brewing this Sunday, and also saving a little to use in a starter for a Two Hearted-inspired APA I'll probably brew in January.

It was out for about 45 minutes this morning. It's been as dreary as SNE in May around here.

I'm just happy it's not sunny and 60. I'm hoping we get through this upcoming torch with these temps. I'd be happy with that. I can live without snow until January if I have too. Then I became a total a-hole to be around lol.

I'm just happy it's not sunny and 60. I'm hoping we get through this upcoming torch with these temps. I'd be happy with that. I can live without snow until January if I have too. Then I became a total a-hole to be around lol.

Why would any sane person prefer it to be in the low 40s and cloudy than 60 and sunny?  It boggles the mind! :huh:

Why would any sane person prefer it to be in the low 40s and cloudy than 60 and sunny? It boggles the mind! :huh:

I also love rain, brutal cold, crippling snow, major ice storms, damaging severe weather and what everything else that makes lots of noise. Never said I was sane. Oh, and I like cloudy and low 40's lol.

For the brewing/beer geeks...

I went ahead and bought another six pack of Bell's Two Hearted on Sunday with two things in mind: 1) drinking it and 2) experimenting with harvesting the yeast.  I started the process on Sunday, and after four days of slow growth, the yeast is now in a 2L Erlenmeyer flask on my homemade stir plate and foaming up nicely.  I'm really geeking out on this - I feel like I did when I was a kid putting Alka Seltzer in bottles of soda or lighting stuff on fire with a magnifying glass.  So cool!  I hope to use this yeast in a hoppy brown ale I'll be brewing this Sunday, and also saving a little to use in a starter for a Two Hearted-inspired APA I'll probably brew in January.

You're like the Walter White of beer!

It's about to get really silly in here...two camps will emerge...friendly troll...banter and humor to deal with our less than favorable pattern and then there will be....well...you know...those other guys...hold on tight boys and girls

I still only see 40s low 50s for as far as the eye can see...no torch...I bet by December 15th IAD is -0.2 with an inch of snow

I will keep bumping this...especially now that the mighty euro agrees

Archived