Averages Raleigh, NC

December 3, 57.3f, 36.1f, 0.11"
December 4, 56.9f, 35.9f, 0.10"
December 5, 56.6f, 35.6f, 0.10"
December 6, 56.2f, 35.3f, 0.10"
December 7, 55.9f, 35.1f, 0.10"
December 8, 55.5f, 34.8f, 0.10"
December 9, 55.2f, 34.6f, 0.09"

This goes along with the idea, that during this N. American warm period, the SE should escape most of the above normal temps (from average). A lot of stagnate, moist, and cool air masses.  

Yeah, but the information you get today from TWC is much more accurate than whatever was given back then. I understand the 24/7 weather thing, but there isn't always much to talk about weather wise. What could they possibly talk about today for 24 hours? You see how great they are during severe weather outbreaks.

They are not even live half the time during late night. They must think we are stupid!? I have seen the same hour segment of live weather be looped for two more hours plus at 1, 2 am in the morning

yeah, eastern NC hangs on to the west side of the trough over the Atlantic. So? the rest of the SE is in West to NW flow and there is nothing but mild air to the west (all the way to central Canada relatively speaking of course). Pattern is not conducive to anything but above average temperatures for SC, GA, TN, AL MS, FL....I discount the Euro and Canadian until that solution repeats or appears on some other models.

Wow!... if this trend continues we could see mid 90's by July

yeah, eastern NC hangs on to the west side of the trough over the Atlantic. So? the rest of the SE is in West to NW flow and there is nothing but mild air to the west (all the way to central Canada relatively speaking of course). Pattern is not conducive to anything but above average temperatures for SC, GA, TN, AL MS, FL....I discount the Euro and Canadian until that solution repeats or appears on some other models.

Upstate SC looks perfectly seasonal over the next 10 days.

The Southeast Forum AO Song

with apologies to Harry Belafonte

A-O, A-ay-ay-O

Winter come and it won’t go down

A, he say A, he say A, he say A, he say A, he say A-ay-ay-O

Winter come and it won’t go down

Studying the Euro and the GFS

(Winter come and it won’t go down)

Up all night my life is a mess

Come, Mr. Weather Mon, tally me statistics

Forecasted negative on a HUNCH!

Damn thing went positive, I lost my LUNCH!

A, he say A-ay-ay-O

An Arctic high put us in the fridge

But then here come the Southeast Ridge

Thought I was a prince, but I’m just a frog

Married to a woman name of Anna Log

A, he say A-ay-ay-o

A, he say A-ay-ay-o

(winter come and it won’t go down)

A, he say A, he say A, he say A, he say A, he say A-ay-ay-o

Very nice!

just when I'm starting to get the nerve to start posting more and attempt to put more value in my posts Webber joins and posts quality after quality info. I don't have time to put in that much effort! Back into my hole i'll go and just lerk around and learn. 

just when I'm starting to get the nerve to start posting more and attempt to put more value in my posts Webber joins and posts quality after quality info. I don't have time to put in that much effort! Back into my hole i'll go and just lerk around and learn.

Man don't worry. Nobody understands what he's talking about anyway. :) As long as I hear the words "good pattern soon" that's all I care about! Haha!

Man don't worry. Nobody understands what he's talking about anyway. :) As long as I hear the words "good pattern soon" that's all I care about! Haha!

Yeah, you can't just skim through his posts, you have to take your time reading those.  But man you do learn alot.

Was just thinking, the CFS is going to nail Dec, yeah it might a little to warm for the SE when it's all said and done but it picked up the torch in Canada and central/western US.

post-2311-0-32402700-1417617781_thumb.pn

post-2311-0-88646600-1417617782_thumb.pn

Bad topic of the day that I'm reading from Bob Chill and others: 

How do we overcome all of the warming in Canada?  It could take a LONG time for the cold air to build back up and then funneled in our direction.

Oh, WOE IS ME!!!!!  Winter cancelled.......AGAIN!  Seems like we did this just yesterday.  Oh wait a minute...WE DID!

#wintercancel,#puntdecember

The warm Canada should probably be a real concern. It melts the snowpack which would help the cold transport later? How long does it take to get the cold air supply back into Canada? Normally when we are warm or seasonal in the US, the cold is always waiting in Canada to be forced down, where's it going to come from?

The warm Canada should probably be a real concern. It melts the snowpack which would help the cold transport later? How long does it take to get the cold air supply back into Canada? Normally when we are warm or seasonal in the US, the cold is always waiting in Canada to be forced down, where's it going to come from?

Think about the nationwide and Canadian torch of Dec. 1939 and the frigid Jan. 1940 and that should allay your worries. I mean Dec. of 1939 was a severe torch with temp.'s' more than 10 above normal N plains and into Canada! That didn't prevent one of the coldest months on record for much of the E US in Jan!!

Pack, so how's it looking for Jan?

After the 20th things will get better. Weeklies tomorrow will give some hope.

87 didn't get really cold till mid-Jan but after that till early March it was darn cold. It did relax for a week in early Feb but then came back cold. Maybe something like that for this winter. JB has abandoned his 76/77 hope and now is clutching on to 02/03.

Just because you lerk, doesn't mean you're a jurk.  :)

Just because you lerk, doesn't mean you're a jurk.   :)

jburns! It was great to see John Burns sworn in on Dec 1st! He will make some great changes for my county and I'm glad to have him, so happy to see him where he deserves to be. Hopefully he can push for some great changes for the education of the little ones.

jburns! It was great to see John Burns sworn in on Dec 1st! He will make some great changes for my county and I'm glad to have him, so happy to see him where he deserves to be. Hopefully he can push for some great changes for the education of the little ones.

Thanks.  He will give it his best. I'm proud of him.

We have a new pattern for most of December that is, unfortunately, continuing the lackluster rain chances in my area. Cold is definitely off the table through middle of January at least, but I need the gulf lows!

Middle of January?? I'm a warminsta and even I can't justify saying what I think things will do after the 20th. Skill just goes down way too low as you get that far out into time. If I had to make a bet I think we go cold before then.

Middle of January?? I'm a warminsta and even I can't justify saying what I think things will do after the 20th. Skill just goes down way too low as you get that far out into time. If I had to make a bet I think we go cold before then.

I mean a real solid cold repeating cold pattern. Patterns usually take a few weeks to break and a week or so to establish...so 4-6 weeks out seems realistic, hence, middle of January.

We have a new pattern for most of December that is, unfortunately, continuing the lackluster rain chances in my area. Cold is definitely off the table through middle of January at least, but I need the gulf lows!

i don't have a problem with your thought process, but the little words "definitely" and "at least" seem strong for an opinion.  Either way, it's your opinion, so you can own that rascal......

I mean a real solid cold repeating cold pattern. Patterns usually take a few weeks to break and a week or so to establish...so 4-6 weeks out seems realistic, hence, middle of January.

4 weeks out is the first week of January.  From your statement, the middle of January "at least" would be more like 6-8 weeks.

Archived