• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

People just sound like :weenie: 's right now. Why not wait until the 15th or so to cancel December or is it that obvious? I haven't really looked at much but I'm about to in a sec but this board is on fire right now haha

The board fire is but an ember of the blaze you're about to see when you look at the models.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB must need more subscriptions or followers !

He just uses the one model that shows a wild cold solution or says the others are wrong, well we will see how this works out!

It just means not ALL models are in agreement here and you can't cancel based on 240+ to over 300+ hours out, when really the guidance is crap anyway, that's all it means. I don't understand how people can think the models have locked in to a pattern for the last half of the month as well. If it was showing cold and snowy the whole month and a fantasy storm around 240+ half the board would be posting snow maps the other denying that the pattern will stay locked. Why is it any different now? Bias.

The board fire is but an ember of the blaze you're about to see when you look at the models.

I looked and I do agree it looks like crap, trying to polish that turd but I can't, but I'm not canceling December as a month until at least the 16th. Once I see the OP/control/ensembles on that day and it's still looking like this, I'll jump.

Tony, you are the best. I absolutely love your posts. You always have a way of saying things that makes me feel a little betterThaT

Thanks, man :)  Your posts often make me worry about you, lol, but in the end, come April, you're fine, and you've contributed a lot, so good on you!

If one is in Ga. and are a winter weather fanatic, and if one reaches the age of 60 without eating the business end of a scatter gun, then Old Man Winter descends from the clouds in your dreams. and bestows upon you the Manly Man award, and when you die you get to go to sleet and snow land, and cavort about freezing off your cockles :)  It's  like a paltry annuity with a balloon payment :) T

I just learned about something called "seasonal temps". To my surprise, it was actually a rather relevant epiphany given our current state of panic.

When I attempted to say "Nay! You are speaking of wizardry and nonsense!", I was told that it's called "seasonal" for a reason. Apparently there are certain temps and patterns that more or less fit whatever season happens to be on the clock. And those temps and patterns are labeled "seasonal" since they - according to weather folk - for some reason (probably sorcery), tend to occur every time that season comes around. Imagine that! A pretty well defined "guidebook" on what to generally expect during months and seasons. Why hasn't this knowledge been available to us before now?! ^_^

Fantastic, Bevo!  :clap: :clap:

Bevo, on 02 Dec 2014 - 4:50 PM, said:

I just learned about something called "seasonal temps". To my surprise, it was actually a rather relevant epiphany given our current state of panic.

When I attempted to say "Nay! You are speaking of wizardry and nonsense!", I was told that it's called "seasonal" for a reason. Apparently there are certain temps and patterns that more or less fit whatever season happens to be on the clock. And those temps and patterns are labeled "seasonal" since they - according to weather folk - for some reason (probably sorcery), tend to occur every time that season comes around. Imagine that! A pretty well defined "guidebook" on what to generally expect during months and seasons. Why hasn't this knowledge been available to us before now?! ^_^

Fantastic, Bevo!  :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Awesome!

BTW, where is this torch people speak of?  I don't see a single day on my seven-day outlook with above average highs (with the exception of tomorrow, I think, and that's barely above average)...  It may not be a snowy pattern, but it's not a torch, either.

Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 41. Calm wind.

Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph after midnight.
Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph.
Thursday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. Northeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday Night A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Saturday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Saturday Night A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49.
Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54.
Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.

BTW, where is this torch people speak of? I don't see a single day on my seven-day outlook with above average highs (with the exception of tomorrow, I think, and that's barely above average)... It may not be a snowy pattern, but it's not a torch, either.

Type in 31501 in the weather search box to see the torch.

BTW, where is this torch people speak of?  I don't see a single day on my seven-day outlook with above average highs (with the exception of tomorrow, I think, and that's barely above average)...  It may not be a snowy pattern, but it's not a torch, either.

Most of GA is torching, KATL will probably be +7 or more for the first 5-7 days of December.

It's just so simple, isn't it? Mind boggling even. :)

Yet we insist on making it so much more Dark Lord-ish with our "complicated" algorithms and panic induced freak outs.

Yep.  I'm enjoying this winter so far.  All two days of it!

I think most of us aren't being serious.  Or I hope so.  :yikes:  Banter thread FTW.

Oh, there are definitely some who appear to be in serious states of punting already.  Or, they just worry way too much.

Not in my backyard either.  The foreseeable future is cloudy with chances of rain in my point-and-click from GSP.  No high in my 7-day forecast is greater than the 50s.  It looks downright seasonal and what's to be expected this time of year.

Everything is therefore relative.  We can't make sweeping statements about "torchiness" or "ice-boxery" because conditions can be so different within a matter of a few miles here in the SE.  If someone wants to declare their backyard a torch, then go for it, but don't assume that everyone else has the same conditions.  I'm enjoying this current seasonal weather here in WNC.  It felt quite wintery outside today, in fact.

lol AMWX

I know right!?   :P 

:wub:

I am ready to start tracking a storm though!

Me too  :hug: 

Captain Obvious

This totally made me  :lol: 

At least you're in the 50s. It hit 70 here today.  

I'm not a fan of 70's in December either  <_<

It's just so simple, isn't it? Mind boggling even. 

Yet we insist on making it so much more Dark Lord-ish with our "complicated" algorithms and panic induced freak outs.

Shame on you for bringing logic to the thread   :lol:   :hug: 

Funny.  That case study has a different average snowfall map for NC than did the state climate office.  It appears to be more to what you would be inclined to believe.

ghsnowcl.gif

LOL, missed that, but that looks more reasonable. I bet they are using like a 15 or 20 year median. The past 15-20 years have sucked.

Archived