• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
December Banter

mackerel_sky

Ohhh yeaaa I remember you from a few years back on weather advance, or wishcast advance as I like to call it. I think you went by eric or something? You never wanted to hear, or say, anything that wasn't about a cold winter for the south east. That was back during the 12-13 winter which was a huge bust. And man you were all about some JB... You make good write ups I won't bash you for that, but a word of advice, try not to cherry pick too in here.

He is backing up his posts with very solid info.  No clue why you would try and call him out.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it going to recurve? Seems I've heard debate about that happening.  

Very nice image, by the looks of it, towards the end, you start to notice the eyewall is weakening a bit in the northwestern quadrant in response to the intense banding showing up an appreciable distance away from the eye. This looks like the beginnings of an eyewall replacement cycle that would effectively mean the potential for some weakening w/ Hagupit... For the sake of those in the Philippines, I hope some dry is ingested during this process, because I've seen quite often w/ powerful tropical cyclones when this occurs, especially w/ larger storms, they never fully recover. I've also noticed the banding outside the current eyewall is focused to north & west of the storm, and this is likely due to some upper level easterly shear being imparted by an upper level anticyclone to its east, which is probably associated w/ a departing CCKW.

wgmsshr.GIF

28.gif

I had something like that for one day, once.  It was turrible, turrible.  You get dehydrated easily, which is also turrible, turrible.

Yea the good thing is with Haley being a nurse she was always watching though she was sick as well just not as bad. I also am hardcore about watching my dehydration when sick so I was constantly sipping water throughout. 

Well I have been sick since Saturday. Went to the doctor and turns out I have a nasty strain of Ecoli! Finally starting to feel a little better this morning. Always clean and cook your food throughly people! 

I had a stomach virus in October and don't ever remember being that sick.  I was out of work for a week and I've never missed a week of work from being sick.  It was very similar to what you describe.  I couldn't hold down anything and ran a fever for 7 days.  I hope you get to feeling better!

cliff-jumping-katie.jpg

Lookout's ledge is busy it seems   :lol:

Only positive thing I can say right now gas prices will be under $2 a gallon by Christmas... the wholesale closing price Tuesday was $1.81 a gallon.

That would be awesome   :D

TORCH!!!!

Wunderground NWS forecast.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Averages Raleigh, NC

December 3, 57.3f, 36.1f, 0.11"
December 4, 56.9f, 35.9f, 0.10"
December 5, 56.6f, 35.6f, 0.10"
December 6, 56.2f, 35.3f, 0.10"
December 7, 55.9f, 35.1f, 0.10"
December 8, 55.5f, 34.8f, 0.10"
December 9, 55.2f, 34.6f, 0.09"

:lol:   

Yep, still very warm the next 10+ days across most of the conus.

fyp   :P

Upstate SC looks perfectly seasonal over the next 10 days.

Indeed   :wub:

just when I'm starting to get the nerve to start posting more and attempt to put more value in my posts Webber joins and posts quality after quality info. I don't have time to put in that much effort! Back into my hole i'll go and just lerk around and learn. 

All that work, just to say it's seasonal and to be patient grasshoppers as the atmosphere progresses toward a favorable pattern   ;)   Jump on in  

Bad topic of the day that I'm reading from Bob Chill and others: 

How do we overcome all of the warming in Canada?  It could take a LONG time for the cold air to build back up and then funneled in our direction.

Oh, WOE IS ME!!!!!  Winter cancelled.......AGAIN!  Seems like we did this just yesterday.  Oh wait a minute...WE DID!

#wintercancel,#puntdecember

Lookout should start charging   :weenie:  's 

haha.

iJHfuNf.gif

wODstQal.gif

2ROj06Ul.gif

:snowing:

LOL, if the SE doesn't average atleast 2-3F below normal for Jan/Feb I will change my avatar to Brick Rules.

:stun:

Well I have been sick since Saturday. Went to the doctor and turns out I have a nasty strain of Ecoli! Finally starting to feel a little better this morning. Always clean and cook your food throughly people! 

Hope you feel better soon burger      :hug:

I had a stomach virus in October and don't ever remember being that sick.  I was out of work for a week and I've never missed a week of work from being sick.  It was very similar to what you describe.  I couldn't hold down anything and ran a fever for 7 days.  I hope you get to feeling better!

That sounds like the Norovirus.

The way Boromir described Mordor is the best comparison to that gastrointesinal disaster:

One does not simply rest with Norovirus. Its black heart brings more than just fever. There is evil with it that does not sleep. The high fever is ever watchful; nausea and ill timed sprints to the toilet are it's companions. Your body becomes a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dung. The very air around you is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand Immodium can you do this.

We have a new pattern for most of December that is, unfortunately, continuing the lackluster rain chances in my area. Cold is definitely off the table through middle of January at least, but I need the gulf lows!

Kyle, I figure by the end of the month it'll have been cold enough for snow on several occasions, it's the rain I'm worried about too.  It's looking awful droughty around here already.  I see lots of clouds but only leaves are falling from the sky :)  Need a southern stream boogie, with a split flow to get the juices going.  I've had a couple of nice downpours over the last month or so, but they are too few, and far between.  The shorts in Dec. part doesn't worry me at all..... maybe I've just seen it too often, but I never expect the cold to come in until after Xmas...anything in Nov, and Dec prior  just seems like bonus cold in Ga. most years.  I'd hate to get a cold Jan. and Feb. with just one rain every three weeks.  When the cycle turns wet I'll be happy, because if it's wet the cold won't be far behind...in Ga. always running to catch up, lol.  Apparently all NC needs is wall to wall cold, and they make do with magic rain, lol, or feast off clippers.  Hey, CR, can you rustle up some magic rain for Christmas/ New Years once again?  I'm pretty sure it will be cold :)  I might be wearing shorts for Xmas, but surely not for New Years too. It's a roller coaster winter, and the inevitable straight down part is coming back :) T

12 years ago today, in my neighborhood.  

Worst storm of my life!  No power for a week.  I remember it being in the teens and pouring rain.  About 2am it looked like a war zone with transformers blowing...and then the quiet!

My wife still freaks out when there is talk of an approaching ice storm.  It didn't help that we had a bad one last year and lost power for 3 days.  

The recurvature doesn't look likely as it continues on a NNW track and looks to stay on that.

By the way, none of the guidance recurves the typhoon.  We really need a recurve now, and unfortunately, we're not going to get it.

GEFS is around 1/2 and 1/2 on the recurve.  So some of the guidance shows it.  A NNW track would favor a recurve as it weakens and turns more northern.  Who cares though, I was just posting to show off the fancy microwave image.  Love that graphic from the fine folks at CIMSS.

GEFS is around 1/2 and 1/2 on the recurve.  So some of the guidance shows it.  A NNW track would favor a recurve as it weakens and turns more northern.  Who cares though, I was just posting to show off the fancy microwave image.  Love that graphic from the fine folks at CIMSS.

Sorry...should have said that the Ops don't.  I didn't look at all of the ENS members.  It looks fairly unlikely to recurve, though.  It would be nice if it did.

Lookout's ledge is busy it seems   :lol:

That would be awesome   :D

:lol:   

fyp   :P

Indeed   :wub:

All that work, just to say it's seasonal and to be patient grasshoppers as the atmosphere progresses toward a favorable pattern   ;)   Jump on in  

Lookout should start charging   :weenie:  's 

:snowing:

:stun:

Hope you feel better soon burger      :hug:

On another note, I can't help but wonder if the fact that the cliff-diver only has one arm played into the situation at hand...

On another note, I can't help but wonder if the fact that the cliff-diver only has one arm played into the situation at hand...

Maybe only one hand was needed  :lol:  

If if's and but's were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas.

truth  :wub: 

The cynic in my wants to see all of these cold forecasts bust with a torchfest winter.  The meltdown would be one for the ages.

I love snow and cold too much for that though.  :santa:

:lol:  I hope never to experience a complete meltdown boardwide.  It was bad enough that one year when even ncjoaquin stopped posting until he got a decent snowfall  :(     I don't want that to ever happen again...lol 

The cynic in my wants to see all of these cold forecasts bust with a torchfest winter.  The meltdown would be one for the ages.

I love snow and cold too much for that though.  :santa:

I think that expectation is slowly being baked in.  We have SSW, MJO, and all of the other meteorological wizardry being deployed in a last ditch effort to save winter, like launching a nuke at an earth-killer asteroid.  Hopefully, it will be enough, but the asteroid is still on its way...

I think that expectation is slowly being baked in.  We have SSW, MJO, and all of the other meteorological wizardry being deployed in a last ditch effort to save winter, like launching a nuke at an earth-killer asteroid.  Hopefully, it will be enough, but the asteroid is still on its way...

LOL, come January 15th if we aren't making progress the line to cliff dive will be out the proverbial door.

Maybe only one hand was needed   :lol:

truth   :wub:

:lol:  I hope never to experience a complete meltdown boardwide.  It was bad enough that one year when even ncjoaquin stopped posting until he got a decent snowfall   :(     I don't want that to ever happen again...lol 

I wasn't around much for the 2012-2013 winter, was that a gigantic mess?

I wasn't around much for the 2012-2013 winter, was that a gigantic mess?

A hot mess! All I remember was people saying it couldn't stay warm all winter and the rubber band had to snap back to cold, even big time mets were touting this and every run of the GFS kept showing record cold at day 14 and 15 , only to never happen! The rubberband snapped in April , lots of 40s and miserable days, just turrible

Archived