joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait.  Is this fait accompli?  I missed the funeral announcement somehow.

Ladies and gentlemen, we gather around the graveside today, December 2, in order to mourn the passing of the entire month of December (with regards to any wintry weather potential).  She was short-lived, and we barely got to know her, but she was quite sweet for those two days.  May she rest in peace.

Good one Calc...I literally lol reading this at the pizza parlor at lunch

Cad is on full force here. Bouncing between 39 and 40 with wind, deizzle.

Gonna get another shot of cad Thursday up here and even bigger one in the offering for the weekend if the euro is still holding serve. Fact wasn't to far off from some frozen in forsyth Surry Wilkes at 0z last night.

full force really?  It appears to be hard to find winds over 10mph right now in the CAD zones.

Yeah I cringe when the "the models will catch up" phrase is thrown out.  When both the GFS/EURO show crap, crap is probably coming. 

I have to admit that losing December is a bummer considering the hype about this winter. With that said, December has always been crap here so we're not really losing much. Honestly I kinda kick myself for expecting a better December.....it's December, duh! Also, the analogs and discussion about this being a typical +PDO/Nino December is encouraging....meaning that Jan and Feb could be gold.   

As long as the switch flips first of January I'm right as rain.  Got a Boone trip coming up the first week of January, and I need it SNOWY!!

Correct. You move on to the next round - congrats!

I never thought of SC being CAD country.

You never found it odd that during both Sonoran Desert winters recently, the upstate of SC was regularly colder than most?

Man, the weather is soooo friggin boring lately. We can't even do CAD right it seems. 

No clouds, no rain, no wind.  :axe:

CAD is certainly affecting upstate SC today. We won't make it into the mid 60's as was forecast (mid 50's at best, although southern G-ville County is a little warmer). In fact, it was quite chilly until around 1:30 PM.

People just sound like :weenie: 's right now. Why not wait until the 15th or so to cancel December or is it that obvious? I haven't really looked at much but I'm about to in a sec but this board is on fire right now haha

Archived