joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironic that you mention that type of pattern for December when the last installment of The Hobbit is due out very soon. :)  Maybe the Bilbo of normalcy will save us from torching.

I don't know...along with earth killing comets, fire breathing dragons are on my to do list.  I was going to go to Niyrangongo to see the lava lake, but I'd sure stick around for the dragons.  Heck, I'd give up all your snow for a decade to see dragons!!

No sign of a torch here.  If I'm not in shorts and a tshirt, it ain't torch weather.  T

I don't know...along with earth killing comets, fire breathing dragons are on my to do list.  I was going to go to Niyrangongo to see the lava lake, but I'd sure stick around for the dragons.  Heck, I'd give up all your snow for a decade to see dragons!!

No sign of a torch here.  If I'm not in shorts and a tshirt, it ain't torch weather.  T

Head on over to the Banter thread.  You'll warm up pretty quick over there. :)

I don't know...along with earth killing comets, fire breathing dragons are on my to do list. I was going to go to Niyrangongo to see the lava lake, but I'd sure stick around for the dragons. Heck, I'd give up all your snow for a decade to see dragons!!

No sign of a torch here. If I'm not in shorts and a tshirt, it ain't torch weather. T

it's nude sunbathing weather around here.

It's a torch here today, no telling how long it sticks around. It's pretty clear North GA torches till Sunday, then a possible CAD event. Possible switch to seasonal next week....we shall see. Until then I'm enjoying the torch. going to be a +7 to +10 week is seems.

hopefully the trees don't start blooming and then get killed by a freeze.

Are you serious? I can't believe some of the posts I have read today. Just seems like no attention has been made to other posters who have put in a bunch of time to prove how what we are seeing now is nowhere near what to expect later on. Unreal.

I mean...I get it.

Sometimes people just need to rant and I'm okay with that.

What I don't get is people's sudden amnesia when it comes to December. I don't remember a single December without some days in the 70's. I'll admit that I don't really know the intricacies of GA weather, so maybe it really does feel like hell.

Either way, there's nothing implying a warm winter. Nothing.

I mean...I get it.

What I don't get is people's sudden amnesia when it comes to December. I don't remember a single December without some days in the 70's. I'll admit that I don't really know the intricacies of GA weather, so maybe it really does feel like hell.

you can say the same for January. There always seems to be a January with a day or two in the 70s. I'm more complaining about the extended periodof warmth. I know that every winter month will see at least a few days in the 60s or 70s every winter. But I don't like 10-14 day warm periods.

Give me a 3 or 4 day warm period followed by seasonal and I'm good. It's the relentless and seemingly never-ending warmth that drives me nuts.

I mean...I get it.

I understand a few days of way above normal can make it feel like things are on the wrong path since November spoiled us for sure. I'm just looking forward to our first winter storm threat so we can put to bed the warm talk.

We should seriously start a thread specifically dedicated to worrying about what is going to screw up our winter. That way we can track the assault of winter on various fronts like: strengthening strat PVs, rising solar flux, basin-wide Niño, cooling of water off the Pacific coast, the anchoring of the GOA low, the resistance of the MJO to enter Phases 7-1, etc....so that we can plot winter's eventual and inevitable demise.

We should seriously start a thread specifically dedicated to worrying about what is going to screw up our winter. That way we can track the assault of winter on various fronts like: strengthening strat PVs, rising solar flux, basin-wide Niño, cooling of water off the Pacific coast, the anchoring of the GOA low, the resistance of the MJO to enter Phases 7-1, etc....so that we can plot winter's eventual and inevitable demise.

The Precipice

But don't.  :)

Wait......what?

We have one of those already, it's called the discussion thread  :P   

:poster_stupid:

Haha... we're seriously off to the quickest onset of winter worry syndrome I've seen since I've been on these boards. Hopefully, the vaccine will be available soon.

like I've said before, Blame the November cold. It got everyone's expectations to unrealistic levels

I almost wish the November cold never happened.

Archived