• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal

Coach McGuirk

Euro ripped .7 up and down 95 from 12-18z. I'm not sold on an I95 non-event like so many. Yes, it could easily happen. But there's more than a slim chance. You can't predict qpf maxes and rates with 20 mile accuracy until its happening.

I think we all have experienced rain to snow storms with heavy rates, throw down 4-6 inches without blinking an eye.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro ripped .7 up and down 95 from 12-18z. I'm not sold on an I95 non-event like so many. Yes, it could easily happen. But there's more than a slim chance. You can't predict qpf maxes and rates with 20 mile accuracy until its happening.

I know it's the NAM, but I'm glad to see some kind of return to a wetter and heavier precip solution.  Things were looking a bit more dubious earlier, or so it seemed.  Let's hope the globals keep that going.  We'll see soon enough.

4k NAM brings in precip to DC at 9z.  It looks like it changes over shortly after 15z.  By then, about 0.7" has fallen.  Its very warm at the surface though (mid 40s to start falling to 37 by 15z).  Sim radar/precip type suggest switch back over to rain by 21z for almost the whole area, likely because the precip rates let up.

Looks like 1"+ for DC, but maybe Bob or Eastern can chime in - it looks warm, no?

glad i'm not the only one

DCA switches over around 14z I think... 15z is already a snow sounding

The surface nver gets below 35 until after 18Z so the sounding looks like  snow but.....The algorithm on the stormvista site keeps dca right on the rain snow line at 18Z for what that is worth.  If I lived in MRB or even JYO I'd be excited but not so much in DC. Maybe the northwest side of the city can get a couple of inches but I bet DCA doesn't

Archived