12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late Thu night/Early Fri light snow

ORH_wxman

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I'll get much accumulation in this area.

Probably about a coating.

The best lift being displaced to the south, coupled with potential BL issues this low in elevation and close to the coast spell wait until December for the most part.

I think you are being a bit pessimistic, BL issues aren't that much of a concern as long as there is steady precip. imo C-1" is realistic, maybe 2" in this area if everything breaks right. You are right about the best lift / dynamics being a little further S / SE, which def limits the 'upside' potential. 

QPF queens don't read on:

You can also see how the farther NW of BOS you get how some sneaky dry air aloft could disrupt precip generation, as lift gets into the drier layer.

Something I'm noticing towards our foothills zones.

That area of low EPV (<0.25 PVU) seems to match up well with the MAUL that's showing up on some of the models near the DGZ. Interesting to see if that actually materializes.

I'm noticing a pretty good omega burst in the DGZ in NE CT/N RI as well. 

You can also see how the farther NW of BOS you get how some sneaky dry air aloft could disrupt precip generation, as lift gets into the drier layer.

I've already assumed this, as stated earlier.

I expect a coating.

I think you are being a bit pessimistic, BL issues aren't that much of a concern as long as there is steady precip. imo C-1" is realistic, maybe 2" in this area if everything breaks right. You are right about the best lift / dynamics being a little further S / SE, which def limits the 'upside' potential. 

Yea, coating to an inch is reasonable.

Yeah thats a good point.

That's a great cross section though...you can see all the variables lining up for a potential surprise. I may have to give Megan a heads up that don't be shocked if Walpole has a delay tomorrow morning. :lol:

I remember a season or two ago, ...the NAM and Euro were cold for an event that turned to be rain and the GFS won... 

Just looking at the straight FRH grid for BOS, those intervals are snow all the way... I think it was +2, -1, -2 C at 1000, 900, and 800mb sigmas.  That +2 is really meaningless if they really get .43 (12z NAM) or over .5 (06z NAM) liq equiv -- it's biggish aggregates at 35 at Logan?   No problem snowing in the eastern ORH hills and interior sections.   

'Course, ...there are tools that have more discrete partial thickness analysis, too... 

Narrow ANA thingy though.  Notice ALB didn't get the memo - ha

I want to say that was last season sometime in March with an anafront.

Yeah thats a good point.

That's a great cross section though...you can see all the variables lining up for a potential surprise. I may have to give Megan a heads up that don't be shocked if Walpole has a delay tomorrow morning. :lol:

It's a really interesting event. Just looking at my isentropic plots, the winds are really paralleling the pressure contours. Obviously, you would want sloped ascent up the pressure contours. So this almost appears to be forced from development of mid level centers rather than WAA.

There is a lot of room to bust both ways, as you said.

It's a really interesting event. Just looking at my isentropic plots, the winds are really paralleling the pressure contours. Obviously, you would want sloped ascent up the pressure contours. So this almost appears to be forced from development of mid level centers rather than WAA.

There is a lot of room to bust both ways, as you said.

Pack the thermal gradient baby. LOL. 

I like these late fall snow events. Has that springtime snow appeal today. Fading sun, temps "mild" enough now to wear a light jacket. Followed by wet snow tonight.

Best part about this springtime appeal is that it's November 13 and not March 13. We still got a full winter ahead!

Sorry for the weenie-ing out. Hoping for a slushy inch here. Maybe another foxboro jackpot?

I like these late fall snow events. Has that springtime snow appeal today. Fading sun, temps "mild" enough now to wear a light jacket. Followed by wet snow tonight.

Best part about this springtime appeal is that it's November 13 and not March 13. We still got a full winter ahead!

Sorry for the weenie-ing out. Hoping for a slushy inch here. Maybe another foxboro jackpot?

I was thinking the same thing...it's great that it's only November 13th instead of March 13th.  Let's just hope there are many more where this came from, and we see this ones BIG BROTHER(S) sometime over the next 4 months???!!!

Archived