bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Late Thu night/Early Fri light snow

ORH_wxman

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time stamps would be really nice on those maps. I do like the idea though.

The problem I envision is the 90th percentile maps are going to go viral really fast on social media with absolutely no explanation of what it means. Many media organizations will rip 'em off too I bet with "The NWS says this much snow could fall!!!!"

The problem I envision is the 90th percentile maps are going to go viral really fast on social media with absolutely no explanation of what it means. Many media organizations will rip 'em off too I bet with "The NWS says this much snow could fall!!!!"

Or "there's a 90% chance that we will get this much snow" lol

You could very easily miss the 90th percentile tag or cover it up completely if you rip it off. I would have a large MAXIMUM SNOWFALL banner plastered all over that map.

One reason why ranges are probably the best for the public...but even with ranges, everyone seems to always take the highest number....i.e. 6-12" means a foot will fall and you get crap if 6.5" falls.

I like the obs in PA. Quickly changing from rain to snow even in lower elevation places around Lancaster and just outside of ABE.

Yeah noticed that...the lower atmosphere has a lot of room to wetbulb. Looking at the rap soundings for this hour, you can see how much room their is to cool in the 900mb down to the surface level.

BDL for example:

141113223119.gif

Archived