12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Possible late season severe outbreak morning of 10/8/14

CoastalWx

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing is that the models are slower so it's probably not a good idea to follow every little percent contour. If you tone back a few wild runs earlier today to try and make more sense..it's a pretty good setup for some good winds and some spin-ups. I honestly see little change and the biggest question is instability, not shear. That's the one thing we need to work out. 

One thing is that the models are slower so it's probably not a good idea to follow every little percent contour. If you tone back a few wild runs earlier today to try and make more sense..it's a pretty good setup for some good winds and some spin-ups. I honestly see little change and the biggest question is instability, not shear. That's the one thing we need to work out.

Yeah not sure why some are getting worked up over alight shifts in contours. Seems like some are thinking this is supposed to be a big outbreak when it likely isn't. Instability is certainly biggest wuestion

I always wondered what I would do if I was under a TOR warning and the strongest rotation was literally right over me or near me...I'd be afraid to go into the basement b/c there are so many spiders and webs.  Plus if the foundation crumples its tons of brick falling on me.  

Nah. you would pull a wiz "special" - run out and stand right under it. I did it last time with overhead rotation, my neighbor yelling out the window "you do know we be under TOR warning" I shrugged it off yelling back "love it" As for the spiders I've named some of them. The crumpling dwelling, don't care because in reality the house is sold. Contractor buying is flipping and buying it for only the land pretty much.

Looking forward to the overnight tracking. 

Interesting handling between the mesoscale models.

19z HRRR has a landphoon for Kevin at 4 a.m.

Was just about to mention that MCV-looking thing. Looks like the center approaches KTOL at 5 a.m.

The 18z 4km NAM, on the other hand, punches a dry"slot" through between 4-6 a.m. before two clusters/lines of semi-discrete cells blow up around daybreak. One targets western Mass. and the other moves from NE Conn. into eastern Mass.

Interesting handling between the mesoscale models.

Was just about to mention that MCV-looking thing. Looks like the center approaches KTOL for 5 a.m.

The 18z 4km NAM, on the other hand, punches a dry"slot" through between 4-6 a.m. before two clusters/lines of semi-discrete cells blow up around daybreak. One targets western Mass. and the other moves from NE Conn. into eastern Mass.

Yeah all that kind of stuff is virtually impossible for the models to accurately resolve at this time frame. Maybe by 00z tonight we'll be able to pin more down.

The 18z NAM does show that "dry slot" with a big drop off in CAPE/dew points around 9z. Probably not a realistic thing but it just shows how complex the setup will be. 

Archived