12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Possible late season severe outbreak morning of 10/8/14

CoastalWx

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's all the morning October tornadoes in and near New England since 1950.  That F2 in New York is listed as midnight on October 1 but I included it anyway.  History is against it but history isn't everything.

attachicon.gifnewenglandtor.png

That's off. There was an outbreak in NJ in 1990. Also a waterspout in RI.

Edit, That did not include NJ.

SPC removed the slight and said confidence diminishing. 

What model are they basing that on? Maybe the thought process is that coverage will be too widespread for discrete cells. That I could definitly see. As far as tornados are concerned, some of the most severe storms have occured in the NYC area during the morning hours. I feel as if most of the NYC area is out of the game but I would think anyone from Hartford north and east is in a prime area for a nastly quall line.

refd_1000m_f22.gif

There isn't anywhere from Nj up to SNH that is more favorable than someplace else. With this extremely rare and volatile setup..everyone has equal chances of some wild weather

Where low level convergence and shear is greatest, that is where the threat would be highest...you want to be near a boundary of sorts. This is often why near the coastline is favorable in the low topped spinner setups.

Also maybe some topgraphical-induced boundaries.

Wow...really?  Based on the comments here I would have figured it looked better.

Not a bad thing really, We have had more severe when they have us in "see text"  then numerous fails in slight risk situations, Not that i expect very much here anyways, New England is not one of there strong suits being out in norman in the midwest..........lol

People should realize this isn't supposed to be a thread about multiple EF3s dancing around SNE. It's both squall line and possible TORs. I feel like people are thinking a 4/11 outbreak in the cards...but it doesn't have to mean it will happen like that.

Yeah most of this is going be from widespread wind damage from wind gusts, but embedded in the line there could potentially be a few weak- borderline moderate spinners

Yeah most of this is going be from widespread wind damage from wind gusts, but embedded in the line there could potentially be a few weak- borderline moderate spinners

Actually I might argue that if something spins up it probably won't be weak. Kind of like low end EF2 or bust.

Archived