• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Official 2014 Fall Discussion Thread

jburns

Lol at the banter today in here. No need in really arguing about it because mother nature couldn't give to cents what we want her to do. We will just ride it out anyway. We will have some milder periods in winter and be up and down here and there. No big deal we will get our snow I do believe. Shoot some of us already did on the 1st of this month. May all have a great winter and just relax. The upcoming pattern is very interesting to say the least.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol at the banter today in here. No need in really arguing about it because mother nature couldn't give to cents what we want her to do. We will just ride it out anyway. We will have some milder periods in winter and be up and down here and there. No big deal we will get our snow I do believe. Shoot some of us already did on the 1st of this month. May all have a great winter and just relax. The upcoming pattern is very interesting to say the least.

Speaking of Banter. Can someone explain why Raleigh has it's own pinned section?

Looks like the 00z GFS still has our fantasy storm, although it's a storm for the fishes.  It's cold enough, though.

We've got this one right where we want it.  The GFS suppression bias is at work, per usual.  :weenie:  :weenie:  :weenie:

Was just about to post the samething. If anything maybe not quite as cold but that would be nitpicking to the max.

I know most are now focused on the potential system at day 8/9 but I wanted to post day 4(6z GFS) to show you a great pattern for building Canadian snow cover:

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=096ℑ=data%2Fgfs%2F06%2Fgfs_namer_096_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&param=850_temp_mslp_precip&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20141106+06+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=model

The 6z GFS says the SE stays dry for at least 2 more weeks. This El Nino has failed.

The El Nino is strengthening...there's no doubt about that.  So, I don't know where you're getting that it's failed.  Why are you even looking at the GFS anymore?  It's awful in the medium to long range.  It hasn't even been matching it's parallel run after 120 hours.  The Euro looks a lot better in the medium to long range if you're going to try and possibly sneak a wintry precip chance (mainly north of the folks in the SE forum).  Sure, it isn't as cold, but looks good for at least a few shots at rain with a WSW or SW flow across the Deep South.  

Just starting to think this cold blast will not make it to the SE. These super cold air masses seem to get stuck in the N plains for whatever reason and filter down to TX and AR, more times than not

I think it makes it but will not be a direct hit. More of a bleeding in. Might be a lot of 40s for highs and 20s for lows instead of 30s and teens. **This would also be better for any potential winter event.   

Archived