Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A weather classic from Heckle and Jeckle.  This episode when in re-run in the 70's was one of my first weather weenie realizations and appropriate for the current drought fears.  Jerry may remember it from when it first aired.  ;  )

Watch from minute one onward if you're in a hurry. lol

Sad to say I remember this..old school.

A weather classic from Heckle and Jeckle.  This episode when in re-run in the 70's was one of my first weather weenie realizations and appropriate for the current drought fears.  Jerry may remember it from when it first aired.  ;  )

Watch from minute one onward if you're in a hurry. lol

Too funny.  A blast from the past with that one, Chris.

Pretty amazing stat

@bhobservatory: With no measurable rainfall at BHOSC (as of 2pm) we are on course for the least Sept rainfall in 129 years.

Dry months is something that I have not ranked but I did glance and we've had drier months locally.  September 2010 appears to be the driest at 0.84".  I'm currently at 2.15" for the month.

Dry months is something that I have not ranked but I did glance and we've had drier months locally.  September 2010 appears to be the driest at 0.84".  I'm currently at 2.15" for the month.

I have no clue how you've had that much rain this month.

I had .66 on Sunday and .22 from the event earlier in the month and .13 overnight and that's it

1.01 MTD

You must have had a t-storm or 2 that missed Tolland

How do they come up with the stat "population affected by drought?" Is it just the number of people living within the drought area? 

Found the answer by clicking through a few links at the drought monitor site to get to here:

The U.S. Drought Monitor population statistics are calculated at the county level, and aggregated to the state, regional, and national levels. The population densities have been calculated for each county. The proportion of the physical area of the county that is in drought is multiplied by the uniform population density in order to obtain a number for each county. The county values are then summed at the state, regional, and national level.

Archived