joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upton's got an inch for us on the south coast...GFS and NAM at 6z are even wetter-2-3 inches

That's one of the reasons why I hate how the NWS puts out those deterministic rain forecasts so far out. Yesterday afternoon OKX had like 1.3" for New Haven. While that's certainly possible - I'd say a reasonable range of possible QPF was 0.25"-1.75". Not sure how a super low confidence 1.3" does anyone any good.

It would be nice if you posted your own thoughts once in a while. I notice how when something gets posted here about a model run you run onto Twitter and post about it like it was your own interpretation.

Last time he posted his own thoughts, he lost Yankee tickets to some poster from the NYC forum...he's probably better off the other way.

Gibbs is likely referring to the Boston area which makes sense given the modeling-sharp cutoff up that way. RI/CT/SE MA will get a good drink for sure.

Stop acting like you know it all. Guess what.. You don't. And you don't know Shabbs and that's not what he's thinking. You lose 3x. Not a good start to your day

It would be nice if you posted your own thoughts once in a while. I notice how when something gets posted here about a model run you run onto Twitter and post about it like it was your own interpretation.

I always post my own thoughts. Then I post others since the people of the world who are afraid of or don't understand social media like Will for example ,can see what others are thinking

Stop acting like you know it all. Guess what.. You don't. And you don't know Shabbs and that's not what he's thinking. You lose 3x. Not a good start to your day

LOL-maybe you should take your own advice.  It's a discussion thread, I'm just discussing the possibilites along with everyone else.  Grow up.

Models all have a good TROWAL and deformation zone making it past the pike. I find it hard to believe there would be nothing north of the pike with that look. Good theta-e advection at 850 and 700...that would probably mean steadier rains make it to Rt 2 it seems. At least as progged now. It's not your typical summertime convective blob driven by only low level convergence. It has some advective processes to help broaden the shield a bit. 

I suppose the 12z runs could crush it more south, but if they do..it's not because of high pressure, it's more a function of the trough north of Maine and having the mid level flow squeeze this south and east.

Models all have a good TROWAL and deformation zone making it past the pike. I find it hard to believe there would be nothing north of the pike with that look. Good theta-e advection at 850 and 700...that would probably mean steadier rains make it to Rt 2 it seems. At least as progged now. It's not your typical summertime convective blob driven by only low level convergence. It has some advective processes to help broaden the shield a bit. 

I suppose the 12z runs could crush it more south, but if they do..it's not because of high pressure, it's more a function of the trough north of Maine and having the mid level flow squeeze this south and east.

Agree.  The surface high has squeezed pretty far east in fact, it's not as though the low is trying to work its way right into the teeth of it.  Yesterday at this time I was thinking the typical sharp latitudinal cut off somewhere in MA and slide east, now not so sure that's how it's going to play out.  A couple NE -> SW oriented bands may be in play.

Archived