joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. We spoke of this earlier. A 1040 high doesn't just erode and allow inches of rain

Some of this needs to be bumped this winter when we are calling for it to erode and allow feet of snow.

You'd be the first to toss an 18z NAM run in the winter that was showing suppression depression...and call us all fools for even looking at it.

I have no horse in the race but it is amusing watching how certain things are interpreted based on what season it is.

There has been many a time where while a NW trend was correct, the trend NW was too far in the 2-3 day out time period, only to re-correct itself SE as the event approaches.

We saw that almost exclusively last winter every storm where it corrected back SE after coming to far north or NW

I will say, he never sits on the fence. He just hops back and forth across it.

Its tough to sit on a half inch picket point, Its all in or all out

I'm thinking about how all these posts would be in the winter.

Posters on the cape would say " one more tick and I have P-type issues", while posters out in far western areas would say congrats everyone to the east but this isn't our storm, when in reality they probably will get nailed lol

This.  where's my qpf????

Congrats to the dustbowl.

47.2/46. 

Gibbs says stout HP will shunt rains south. Seeing that trend continue from 18z yesterday. Blizz 24 FTW

I forget which storm it was last winter that was showing signs of moving north.  Mets and non-mets alike how the strong HP in Quebec would easily shunt any northward movement.  IIRC correctly, it rained all the way up to PF at the end of the day.

Just sayin'.....

I noticed the 06GFS came back north after the 00z had shifted south.

Archived