• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

Agree.  The surface high has squeezed pretty far east in fact, it's not as though the low is trying to work its way right into the teeth of it.  Yesterday at this time I was thinking the typical sharp latitudinal cut off somewhere in MA and slide east, now not so sure that's how it's going to play out.  A couple NE -> SW oriented bands may be in play.

Yeah, this isn't like your winter arctic high feeding down dewpoints below 0F. You have PWATS pushing near 2" in many spots. The logic of high pressure blocking this or keeping it south simply isn't correct. It's more a function of how the low sort of cuts off and then gets shunted east.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to everyone and their forecasts. Suspect the 12z runs are going to disappoint some and elate others.

Pretty much every run of every model disappoints some while elating others based on the existence of differing preferences and geographical locations. So basically, you suspect that what always happens, no matter what, will happen again. Brilliant.

Models all have a good TROWAL and deformation zone making it past the pike. I find it hard to believe there would be nothing north of the pike with that look. Good theta-e advection at 850 and 700...that would probably mean steadier rains make it to Rt 2 it seems. At least as progged now. It's not your typical summertime convective blob driven by only low level convergence. It has some advective processes to help broaden the shield a bit. 

I suppose the 12z runs could crush it more south, but if they do..it's not because of high pressure, it's more a function of the trough north of Maine and having the mid level flow squeeze this south and east.

I agree. The strong high pressure arguments are really weak. That trough north of Maine is also lifting out quickly on water vapor imagery this morning.

I agree. The strong high pressure arguments are really weak. That trough north of Maine is also lifting out quickly on water vapor imagery this morning.

Well the feature that boots it ESE is something moving through eastern Canada overnight. That's what I was referring to in regards to how the system moves.

Archived