12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
End of March, beginning of April "could it snow again" talk

HM

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was actually east of the main def band. Had about 6" of pure glop, but had some tree damage with it. 

This has to be one of the best winters in terms of longevity for you guys. Snow from Dec through late March. I understand other seasons may have had more snow, but there is something to be said about longevity. 

This was a wire to wire winter. The consistency was unmatched in my opinion. I recorded 17 or more inches of snow in four consecutive winter months. 17 in Dec. 17 in Jan. 34.8 in Feb. and 18 in Mar. The number of days with snowcover was more than I could ever remember. As I start to look back now I am really amazed at some of the events that occurred.

A couple of the more memorable events:

Snow falling on March 3rd with single digits temps. Highs not getting past the mid teens that day.

8 inches of snow with ULL during the second part of the Feb 12th/13th storm.

8 inches of snow with whiteout conditions on March 30th. Some in the area say that was the worst travel conditions all winter long.

I believe we dipped below zero on 4 occasions and had multiple days not getting above 20 for the high.

BWI tying the monthly record for most nights below 10 degrees.

A truly historic winter for this area and a huge winter for the surrounding area.

A truly historic winter for this area and a huge winter for the surrounding area.

This recent event mirrored the seasonal trend of Carroll County being a snow magnet but even moreso.

Most of the winter, we cashed in as well in Reisterstown but not so this last time.   We had 1/2" tops with

ratios as low as ever, perhaps 2:1 or 3:1 with melting almost as quick as accumulating and then 12 miles away,

8 inches.

This was a wire to wire winter. The consistency was unmatched in my opinion. I recorded 17 or more inches of snow in four consecutive winter months. 17 in Dec. 17 in Jan. 34.8 in Feb. and 18 in Mar. The number of days with snowcover was more than I could ever remember. As I start to look back now I am really amazed at some of the events that occurred.

A couple of the more memorable events:

Snow falling on March 3rd with single digits temps. Highs not getting past the mid teens that day.

8 inches of snow with ULL during the second part of the Feb 12th/13th storm.

8 inches of snow with whiteout conditions on March 30th. Some in the area say that was the worst travel conditions all winter long.

I believe we dipped below zero on 4 occasions and had multiple days not getting above 20 for the high.

BWI tying the monthly record for most nights below 10 degrees.

I second your thoughts for my back yard. We have had similar seasonal snow totals and both live within 3 miles of the Mason Dixon. I am more east of you and fringed more in March with many penny and nickel events while you cashed especially the last event. Here a little further east we had more enhancement in the mid to earlier season events from coastal events, but in the end the March events nailed you and gave you some amazing totals. Either way it has been an unbelievable Mason-Dixon Line winter for the books.

I second your thoughts for my back yard. We have had similar seasonal snow totals and both live within 3 miles of the Mason Dixon. I am more east of you and fringed more in March with many penny and nickel events while you cashed especially the last event. Here a little further east we had more enhancement in the mid to earlier season events from coastal events, but in the end the March events nailed you and gave you some amazing totals. Either way it has been an unbelievable Mason-Dixon Line winter for the books.

The state college to harrisburg corridor was not nearly as fortunate if you love snow. North of Philly basically missed everything in march. We were just dumb lucky for the entire season.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the vaunted HM storm is a massive rainer. It will also be mild with temps in the 50s. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Monday we are all going to be waterboarded to the death.

Winter is a forgotten memory, Spring and summer will completely destroy us until nothing is left

This storm isnt even going to be a cold rain. It will be a mild spring storm. It might snow way up in Ellesmere Island. Not here. The tropical fall line will live up to its name for the next  9 months.

I am sick with disappointment that I will be denied my beloved 33 degree rain. Damn. I hate my life and I hate where I live. I'm a prisoner here and I will never get out. I will die here a broken embittered old man, and I will be denied even a cold rain. My destiny is to live miserable in warm rainy weather. I will sneeze myself to death in all this damned pollen. I hate flowers, I hate grass, and I hate tree leaves. I hate spring and summer

ha ha ha yeah we gotta watch this april.

ha ha ha yeah that -epo is so strong.

this is going to be one of the hottest Washington summers in memory, maybe even the hottest EVER.

where's that frucking -nao anyway  hahaha.

Damn I hate spring so much

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the vaunted HM storm is a massive rainer. It will also be mild with temps in the 50s. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Monday we are all going to be waterboarded to the death.

Winter is a forgotten memory, Spring and summer will completely destroy us until nothing is left

This storm isnt even going to be a cold rain. It will be a mild spring storm. It might snow way up in Ellesmere Island. Not here. The tropical fall line will live up to its name for the next  9 months.

I am sick with disappointment that I will be denied my beloved 33 degree rain. Damn. I hate my life and I hate where I live. I'm a prisoner here and I will never get out. I will die here a broken embittered old man, and I will be denied even a cold rain. My destiny is to live miserable in warm rainy weather. I will sneeze myself to death in all this damned pollen. I hate flowers, I hate grass, and I hate tree leaves. I hate spring and summer

it's April, get over it

For the record, the storm is Tuesday night into Wednesday that goes out to sea(not inland runner). It was a noreaster threat. Snow was always a crapshoot per climo.

Also the NAO did go negative.

We have a trough in mid week. At least it has some cold air, highs on Wednesday only around 68 F.

I gotta go buy a new winter coat

This week's mild trough is yet another exhibit I'd like to present towards my argument that the summer of 2014 will be historically hot in Washington DC with numerous records falling June thru October. We are now averaging normal to above normal and cold fronts with deep troughs are cooling us to 7 degrees below average. The summer of 2014 will be at least as hot as the winter of 2013-14 was cold. Expect global warmists to appear in force on the board

Archived