northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
End of March, beginning of April "could it snow again" talk

HM

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well. 12z Euro calmed down a bit. The low is further north than last night's run and the whole system is less juicy (though it's still really juicy). At least in the sense that it's only dropping 1.3"~ in liquid on DCA rather than the 4.2" featured in yesterday's Euro Run of the Century. All rain. 

This will be an interesting system to watch regardless of what it does.

Noob question here - was the model reacting to the intensity of the precip along the tail end of the front, inventing a low, and then going from there?

It's all upstairs @ h5. Without closing off there won't be a crawling dynamic ull with cold feed. 12z euro dropped that idea.

Even if it does close off it will take more than just cold air to the N to produce wintry precip. It would likely have to happen at night and take a perfect track so the best dynamics on the NW side of the ull pass overhead. Similar to what the ull on the 30th did. Mid Apr is a much different beast than late march.

Yea, but the odds of the MA getting a good mid apr snow are about the same as tourney tip uconn odds winning the championship. whoooda thunkit?

There was precedent for them being awesome. Not so much for us and April snow.

FlW9tVp.png

Admittedly, I have little insight into what exactly the 1 or 2 runs of the Euro actually depicted, because its clearly Spring and I dont care. But just a hunch that the model really did not have a 10" + snowstorm verbatim, for coastal areas of MD, DE, NJ etc. More like RIP fake Weatherbell snow maps, and they should seriously find something more constructive to do with their time and talent than generating ridiculously inaccurate(but pretty) maps for modeled snow in mid April.

Admittedly, I have little insight into what exactly the 1 or 2 runs of the Euro actually depicted, because its clearly Spring and I dont care. But just a hunch that the model really did not have a 10" + snowstorm verbatim, for coastal areas of MD, DE, NJ etc. More like RIP fake Weatherbell snow maps, and they should seriously find something more constructive to do with their time and talent than generating ridiculously inaccurate(but pretty) maps for modeled snow in mid April.

Ha - good point about Wxbell.

You know, it's funny - the european ensembles continue to show some snow. 11 of the 50 from the noon run have a trace or more at DCA. 9 have an inch or more. 

Ha - good point about Wxbell.

You know, it's funny - the european ensembles continue to show some snow. 11 of the 50 from the noon run have a trace or more at DCA. 9 have an inch or more. 

hey, always go with the ensembles

if they're showing snow for DCA even in mid-April, I'm in.........sane

Kinda suprised that we got zero April snow. You would think we'd at least see mood flakes after the snow continued through March unabated. I guess the snow finally looked at the calendar.

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised about missing out on April snow. We're not NNE or the mountains.

All I'm looking for Wed night is a mass slaughter of the overly eager bugs that emerge this weekend. Let's do it.

The overly eager bugs were out weeks ago, and froze. Bugs are out. And so am I. Out. Its Spring. April snow is impotent and irrelevant. Stop looking at snow fiction on the Euro and go mow your chick weed ;)

The overly eager bugs were out weeks ago, and froze. Bugs are out. And so am I. Out. Its Spring. April snow is impotent and irrelevant. Stop looking at snow fiction on the Euro and go mow your chick weed ;)

Ha. Well then let's kill them again! In my opinion, you can't kill bugs enough times. If temps truly hit 28F at DCA Thursday night (doubtful......) then we'll have a record low.

Archived