12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
End of March, beginning of April "could it snow again" talk

HM

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't posted in a while hope all is well with everyone. I don't want the snow, not in mid April. Fishing and softball is picking up...

On a weather note...cold advection and downslope may very well cause the precip to end quicker than what the models are showing. Would be pretty tough to get SN/IP over the metros.

GFS thinks there will be snow on the ground?

There wont be snow on the ground anywhere. Oddly the most likely places to see "snow in the air" would be more towards the coast, east of the cities, where the cold air may catch up with lingering precip. Odds are the moisture will abruptly shut off before the cold arrives. 

Haven't posted in a while hope all is well with everyone. I don't want the snow, not in mid April. Fishing and softball is picking up...

On a weather note...cold advection and downslope may very well cause the precip to end quicker than what the models are showing. Would be pretty tough to get SN/IP over the metros.

My thinking too, downsloping usually warms or drys us and most of the precip should may stay further east in the warmer more unstable air,  and some flurries behind the front.

People who said March 30th was our last chance were wrong though,. -10C 850s are not too warm,   and this was not  far off from the April 2000 Setup, or the Euro Day 9 forecast, the southern stream just got crushed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived