northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
End of March, beginning of April "could it snow again" talk

HM

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to mow my backyard. Fastest spring/summer onset ever.

I dont believe in this April cooldown fiction anymore. Whoever even suggested it could happen is the stupidest person ever born and should be put out of their fricken misery! We dont get cooldowns anymore. We used em all up. The Alaskan Ridge is completely exhausted and has been put to rest in the Bering Sea. It's going to be warm then searing HOT this late spring and summer and the first half of autumn. Washington DC in summer = Austin Texas.

April will be +2 for the month. May will be +3 for the month. June thru September will go straight to HELL from there. We are all gonna wish we lived in Antarctica by mid May.

From this point on we will warm up, and I will be miserable Miserable MISERABLE. Sunday we hit 87 degrees with an overnight low of 66!!!! These are late JUNE values folks! We are headed for an historically HELLISH summer in Washington! This July will make the summer of 2011 seem like an historic 1888 blizzard with 25 feet of snow on a level and -30 degree F 2 meter temps accompanied by northerly wind gusts to tropical storm force.

Only ten more months til autumn. I have been sneezing my lungs out. This pollen is historic

-NAO in the warm season results in warm temps on the East Coast. It's spring now, rushing into full fledged summer.

I will never ever be fooled into believing in a cooldown, not until late January 2015.

I need to mow my backyard. Fastest spring/summer onset ever.

I dont believe in this April cooldown fiction anymore. Whoever even suggested it could happen is the stupidest person ever born and should be put out of their fricken misery! We dont get cooldowns anymore. We used em all up. The Alaskan Ridge is completely exhausted and has been put to rest in the Bering Sea. It's going to be warm then searing HOT this late spring and summer and the first half of autumn. Washington DC in summer = Austin Texas.

April will be +2 for the month. May will be +3 for the month. June thru September will go straight to HELL from there. We are all gonna wish we lived in Antarctica by mid May.

From this point on we will warm up, and I will be miserable Miserable MISERABLE. Sunday we hit 87 degrees with an overnight low of 66!!!! These are late JUNE values folks! We are headed for an historically HELLISH summer in Washington! This July will make the summer of 2011 seem like an historic 1888 blizzard with 25 feet of snow on a level and -30 degree F 2 meter temps accompanied by northerly wind gusts to tropical storm force.

Only ten more months til autumn. I have been sneezing my lungs out. This pollen is historic

-NAO in the warm season results in warm temps on the East Coast. It's spring now, rushing into full fledged summer.

I will never ever be fooled into believing in a cooldown, not until late January 2015.

Are Jebman and Ji the same person?

Wed looks quite chilly though we might get a midnight high.  Euro keeps DC close to 40 all during daylight though.  

Other than that.. eh. People still talking up "cold" but it looks transient. 

Wed looks quite chilly though we might get a midnight high.  Euro keeps DC close to 40 all during daylight though.  

Other than that.. eh. People still talking up "cold" but it looks transient. 

Yeah the last run looks much warmer. Previous runs had the NW suburbs in the mid to upper 20s Wednesday night. Without that fake snowpack, things hold in the low 30s. 

There is still a monster pile of snow in the parking lot of Fairfax Corner. Perfectly placed against a hill with trees to protect it. Should stay until May.

There's a similar pile that was dumped off the top of the north side of the Metro garage at the Grosvenor station.  I doubt it will make it to May, but it should have another week or two before it gives up the ghost.

Yeah, the 12z NAM definitely wants to have everyone end as a period of sleet with maybe a little snow at the very end.    probably not correct but not necessarily impossible, especially north and west of 95.   There is a hint of a weak wave forming on the front, and the cold advection will be very strong.type60.gif

Meh. Like every other setup in the past month the western ridge deamplifies too fast.  Now it's not  even bringing the 850s that far south.

Lol. Its like almost May. And every other setup the past month...whats that supposed to mean? I seem to recall places on the coastal plain, even the beaches, getting 2 snowstorms the last half of March.

Archived