Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
End of March, beginning of April "could it snow again" talk

HM

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i kept clicking on "next" in the 240 hour loop and the low pressure didnt budge lol for like 5 frames

Nice setup @ h5 to slow roll IF the vort closes off. Wouldn't surprise me if it does. Tis the season. Obviously the probs for rain are much greater than snow...but...closed ULLs have a way of maximizing dynamic cooling and can be prolific precip makers. The euro is actually a better setup than march 30th. Only 14 runs to go.

Nice setup @ h5 to slow roll IF the vort closes off. Wouldn't surprise me if it does. Tis the season. Obviously the probs for rain are much greater than snow...but...closed ULLs have a way of maximizing dynamic cooling and can be prolific precip makers. The euro is actually a better setup than march 30th. Only 14 runs to go.

there is also some arctic air to work with which also helps. 1040 high 

there is also some arctic air to work with which also helps. 1040 high

There is decent support for some sort of favorable hp. GFS/GEM also have it in some form or another.

If it's a long drawn out event it could be rain - snow - rain - snow. Up all night and sleep all day.

lets put it this way..I am not saying up for the 00z euro but i really want to see april flakes falling just so i can say it snowed in April

Considering only 5 ens members show any snow at all and none are in the same universe as the op we probably shouldn't even be discussing the subject. But it's what we do best so...there's still a chance...

Do the stormvista maps recognize sleet as snow? Because the accumulation maps have to be way over the top...

IF the plot is showing the direct snow accumulation field from the Euro gridded output and not something derived on-the-fly from precip and some sort of temperature check, I believe that the Euro's snowfall accumulation parameter *does* include snow and sleet.

Archived