Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
End of March, beginning of April "could it snow again" talk

HM

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a trough in mid week. At least it has some cold air, highs on Wednesday only around 68 F.

I gotta go buy a new winter coat

This week's mild trough is yet another exhibit I'd like to present towards my argument that the summer of 2014 will be historically hot in Washington DC with numerous records falling June thru October. We are now averaging normal to above normal and cold fronts with deep troughs are cooling us to 7 degrees below average. The summer of 2014 will be at least as hot as the winter of 2013-14 was cold. Expect global warmists to appear in force on the board

Winter 2013-2014 was only cold on the east coast and in the Midwest. Most of the world had an average or warmer than average winter.

That is a pretty damn cold high on the day 10 euro. Alaska blocking just doesn't want to go away.

LOL. Deep troughs and cold highs in mid April translate to highs of 55-60. This thread is fun and all,.and also funny with HI-Z and his OMG posts, but its hard enough to get snow in March. This year was an aberration. Snow on April 10? Uh no.

LOL. Deep troughs and cold highs in mid April translate to highs of 55-60. This thread is fun and all,.and also funny with HI-Z and his OMG posts, but its hard enough to get snow in March. This year was an aberration. Snow on April 10? Uh no.

Last year must have been a major aberration then. I had 60% of my total snow in March.

But I am certainly hopeful that snow is done for about 7 months.

Last year must have been a major aberration then. I had 60% of my total snow in March.

But I am certainly hopeful that snow is done for about 7 months.

Most of us didn't get much snow at all last winter, so yeah that one event in late March probably was about 60% of my 9.5 inch total as well. This March was a major aberration, with places on the coastal plain of SNJ and DE getting 15-20". But I think you get my point...outside of the mountains, snow this time of year is very rare.

Huge GEFS support for this window. Everything is there for a threat, not using Analogs:

1. Retrograding helps boost ridge in West

2. NAO signal peaks early April and retrogrades with 50-50 low / cyclonic wave breaking in Atlantic.

3. Split stratosphere supports NAO and holds cold air source in Canada.

I love this potential, I just hate the date.

This came down to bad luck, basically, and me not factoring in the higher potential for s/w to wrap-up/mature quickly within the long wave trough (the long wave is actually winter-like in size). So, clearly, this method is meant mainly for the winter months. The PNA and NAO did cooperate to some extent but it led to the first 2 s/w cutting way inland and not leaving enough room for the last s/w. Low development does attempt to get going along front Tues-Wed with the final wave but that's no noreaster and a clear bust. Sorry guys...

This came down to bad luck, basically, and me not factoring in the higher potential for s/w to wrap-up/mature quickly within the long wave trough (the long wave is actually winter-like in size). So, clearly, this method is meant mainly for the winter months. The PNA and NAO did cooperate to some extent but it led to the first 2 s/w cutting way inland and not leaving enough room for the last s/w. Low development does attempt to get going along front Tues-Wed with the final wave but that's no noreaster and a clear bust. Sorry guys...

I'm grateful for your bust, and I usually would only say that to a lady.

You sent poor Jeb over the edge.  He's now lost all faith in winters and is preparing for a scorched earth apocolypse.

It would be kinda funny for Ji's facebook page if it snows. He'll have to have a resurrection

GEM has the same idea as the euro but doesn't close h5 off nearly as quick.

already posted. Cant wait to see what people say lol. i actually looked at the euro today to see what weather might be like on easter lol

Archived