• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ring of Fireflies
    Newest Member
    Ring of Fireflies
March 29-30th moderate nor'easter

Mikehobbyst

the nam shows convection rotating over the area from the SE sunday. that's our best chance to outpace model qpf

Agreed regardless of what models say. .. convection coming from the se off the ocean riding those 1.5 inch pwats on the head of a 50kt llj WILL for certain produce locally 4 to 5 if not more inches where training occurs.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say, the vibes are so much better in this forum when tracking rainstorms. The analysis and PBP is top notch like always but there is definitely less drama.

I think because if we only get 1/2" instead of 2" of rain, it won't be that big of a deal. If we don't get the snow equivalent, as in only getting 5" of snow instead of 20", we'd suffer :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocked that people at the pub are not talking about the rain storm.

Alerted the girl next to me that I have skills to watch rain and have trained in the gfs models etc.

She was interested when I mentioned I still have snow on the ground. Score one for a weather geek

He has access to ECMWF forecast soundings.

He regularly convinces impoverished African nations to develop their own weather models. 

He can look at a single raindrop and determine its height level of origin to the nearest millibar.

He is: the most interesting weenie in the world.

Archived